The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/WideFS RunOptions

Hello,

Now i have WideFS,because i want to build PM-GlassCockpit with many Clients.

I have some problems running Programs.

*FSUIPC 322*

*WideFS 6221*

Entering "RunOptions" in the FSUIPC is for LOCAL(i mean programs located on the PC where also FSUIPC is installed)

Programs only?

What is the best way to start Programs on the Clients?

Entering the "Run-Options" in the FSUIPC.INI

or in the WideServer.ini

or in the WideClient.ini ?

If I enter (for example) into the WideServer.ini:

Run1:\\MCDU\MCDUDemo\MCDUDemo.exe

it always appears at my FlightSim PC(where i have the WideServer.ini),not on the Client(Name:MCDU)

I have the MCDUDemo ONLY installed at the Client.

And if i enter it into the WideClient.ini:

,it runs here of course,but it starts immediately as i run WideClient.exe,so

I want,that a Program on the Client should wait until the FS on the FS-PC is up and running,and closes,when the FS closes?

How can I program such a "delay" ,like it can be used for Running Programs under FSUIPC (READY,KILL).?-there it works good

many thanks

regards,

Thomas

What is the best way to start Programs on the Clients?

Entering the "Run-Options" in the FSUIPC.INI

or in the WideServer.ini

or in the WideClient.ini ?

In WideClient.ini. The others are in the Server and cannot possibly run programs in your client PCs.

Please have a look at the document called "WideFS.doc". It should be in your WideFS.zip file. It describes all this stuff. In fact you will find documentation for all of the WideServer and WideClient parameters in the INI files in there.

And if i enter it into the WideClient.ini:

,it runs here of course,but it starts immediately as i run WideClient.exe,so

I want,that a Program on the Client should wait until the FS on the FS-PC is up and running,and closes,when the FS closes?

How can I program such a "delay" ,like it can be used for Running Programs under FSUIPC (READY,KILL).?-there it works good

Please, please look at the documentation I supply. Don't you see the "RunReady" and even "DelayReady" parameters?

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

Sorry, i´ve overseen this options.

But i don´t check out what to do that the program CLOSES,

when WideServer is serving no more.

I tried the Shutdown Hotkey in the Server.ini and the

"AllowShutdown=App" -Option in the Client.ini.

That works,WideClient closes and the Application closes too.

But how can i restart WideClient-or

better i think-if FS closes,the Application should close too,and when i restart the FS the Application restarts again(depending on the RunReady-Option)

Please help.

regards,

Thomas

But how can i restart WideClient-or

better i think-if FS closes,the Application should close too, and when i restart the FS the Application restarts again(depending on the RunReady-Option)

For WideClient to close when FS closes you should close FS by using the shutdown facility in WideServer. You can do it by hotkey -- it is documented in WideFS.doc, which you will find in the WideFS ZIP.

If you mean that WideClient should stay running but the application should close, then, certainly, applications can be programmed that way. But I really see no reason for any such action being needed or desired. What is the problem you are trying to resolve? The facilities offered have been perfectly adequate for many years. What sort of setup are you attempting to produce? I don't understand.

If you mean Wideclient should come and go, there is absolutely no way for WideClient to start up on a client PC just because FS starts up on the server. Since it isn't running, how can it know to do this? You'd have to run anpother program to talk to WideServer which then ran WideClient, which is futile.

There is no reason why WideClient cannot be running in your client PC from the time it starts up, provided you always switch on the Server first so that it exists when WideClient runs. To start WideClient automatically, simply put a shortcut to it in your Windows startup folder.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

My opinion is,the Application on the Client(for example- the GlassCockpit) should not running anymore,when i close the Flightsimulator on the Server.

But the WideClient.exe should stay running.

If there is no Flightsimulator running than also should be NO GlassCockpit.exe running. I think this would be realistic.

When i start the FlightSimulator on the Server again and want to make a new Flight,the GlassCockpit WILL start again,so the WideClient.exe is running.-I already know .

If the WideClient.exe is running, a restart of the Application is no problem,caused by the RunReady-Option.

How to do:

I close the FS9.exe on the Server.

The WideClient.exe on the Client should stay running,

but the ABGC.exe should close.

with the ShutdownHotkey it

shuts down the WideClient.exe AND the Application.

But only the Application should close.

Big Thanks,

kind regards,

Thomas

If there is no Flightsimulator running than also should be NO GlassCockpit.exe running. I think this would be realistic.

Realistic? What does that mean in this context? In a real aircraft you do not suddenly make it non-existent, as you do by closing down the FS program!

No! Realism is when the Glass Cockpits go blank when you turn off the avionics or all power sources, to get a "dark cockpit". That you most certainly can do -- check the PM options (in PFD.INI).

But whether programs in a PC are running or not running is absolutely nothing to do with aircraft realism. How can it be?

How to do

Sorry, you cannot do what you are wanting to do, at least not with simple parameters. You could do it if you write a program to do it.

[LATER]

I've had a quick look at the code in WideClient and I may be able to add such a facility fairly quickly. If so, it will only operate on the "RunReady" programs with "Closeready" settings too, as obviously the others are started with WideClient even if FS isn't running at the time.

Check in later.

Regards,

Pete

How to do

Try WideClient 6.222, attached. You'll need to change "AllowShutdown=App" to "AllowShutdown=AppOnly". This will close down only those programs for which there was a "RunReady" and "CloseReady" entry. WideClient will stay running and reload those programs if FS starts up again.

Of course, as before, this is dependent upon using the WideFS way of shutting FS down .

Personally I don't see this facility as being of much real purpose, but as it was easy I have added it. I probably won't make a special new release for it, though.

Regards,

Pete

WideClient6222.zip

I must say again,your support is impressive!

The Example above with the GlassCockpit is not so good.

Of course it is more realistic,as you said ,to switch the GC ON/OFF depending on the AvionicsMasterSwitch.

But the PM-MCDU takes no care about whether the AvionicMaster nor the

BattMaster NOR the FS-Shutdown.

If i shut down the Avionics/Battery or at all the FS -the MCDU is still running.

That seems not realistic to me...

(I think i will contact PM for this)

But with your new Facility,the MCDU shuts down,when I close FS/and using Hotkey -and

strarts again,when I run up FS again.

GREAT!

many thanks,

regards,

Thomas

But the PM-MCDU takes no care about whether the AvionicMaster nor the

BattMaster NOR the FS-Shutdown.

If i shut down the Avionics/Battery or at all the FS -the MCDU is still running.

That seems not realistic to me...

(I think i will contact PM for this)

Please do. I already have, and I think it must be on the list, but more voices asking for the same thing will help.

Regards,

Pete