The simFlight Network Forums

Cockpit Builder (help...)

Hello,

Im using FSUIPC, WIDEFS, FREEFD, GOFLIGHT and FS2004 in one server and 3 clients for a b737ng cockpit. In one of my clients i have running my eicas that i can cycle this gauge pressing the "V" key on the keyboard. I will like to know if i can assign this keyboard letter to a goflight button via fsuipc and widefs in the client pc. I have the same situation in other of my clients with the nav gauge that have multiple functions with different keyboards lettler like P=plan mode, i=ILS APP etc. I plug the goflight panel to the client pc and when i press the button in the buttons page of the fsuipc is recognize like joy#2101 but#0. In the documentation of widefs and fsuipc (as i understand) this appear to be posible but is a little complicated about this functions and honestly after hours of test im here writting this request of help.

please any help will be apreciate.

Im using FSUIPC, WIDEFS, FREEFD, GOFLIGHT and FS2004 in one server and 3 clients for a b737ng cockpit. In one of my clients i have running my eicas that i can cycle this gauge pressing the "V" key on the keyboard.

I will like to know if i can assign this keyboard letter to a goflight button via fsuipc and widefs in the client pc.

Yes, of course. It involves the use of the KeySend control. You will have to read the WideFS documentation, to learn how to make WideClient send keypresses to your program. This is easier if the program was loaded by WideClient for you, as it then knows the process and can direct keypresses to it.

The KeySend command is in FSUIPC's drop-down control list. You can assign it to any button. The parameter for it, assigned there, relates it to the KeySend number in the WideClient.ini, thus relating it to the specific keypress for the specific program.

In the documentation of widefs and fsuipc (as i understand) this appear to be posible but is a little complicated about this functions and honestly after hours of test im here writting this request of help.

Can you explain exactly what you don't understand, because I spend many more hours writing the documents than I would be able to answer questions here, so really there should be much more help there? Just saying you don't understand doesn't help me really, you see.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete:

This is the specific situation:

1)-I have freefd with the upper eicas in a client pc running widefs.

2) my server running fs2004 with fsuipc

3)- I plug a Goflight Button panel the this client pc and copy the GFDEV.dll to the widfs forlder.

4)-include the Run1=c:\progra~1\freefd\eicas.exe in the Windefs.ini.

5)-activate the widefs and no problem the eicas.exe is activated too.

6)-load from the menu of fs2004 the fsuipc module and go to the buttons page.

7)-press one of the goflight button (attached previously to the client pc) and fsuipc assign the 2101 to the joy# and the 0 to the but#. then i assign the letter "V" as the command to be passed to the client pc.

ok here start the problem maybe is not your documentation its me who are confused my confusion is:

1)- In the wideserver.ini = what exactly i need to include in order to identify this buttor programmed in the step 7? the only information that i have at this moment is the 2101 and the 0 from the step 7.

keysend?=????????? its not clear to me in this case that a keyboard key is required to be assigned (not a function from the drop down list). Its there other command that i need to include in the wideserver.ini?

2)-in the wideclient.ini = i include the parameter "ACTIONKEYS=YES and then the same problem at this moment the only information in my hand here is the 2101 and the 0 so the keysend?=????. I dont know if i need to convert the letter "V" to the Microsoft keyboard key code and use this??? and if this is the solution then were i can find the keyboardkey codes. I download one from MS but the descriptions of the keycodes in your documentation eje: keysend1=65,9, = (shift+a) is not the same that in the microsoft keycodes description.

thanks in advance pete

7)-press one of the goflight button (attached previously to the client pc) and fsuipc assign the 2101 to the joy# and the 0 to the but#. then i assign the letter "V" as the command to be passed to the client pc.

That's no use because the "V" will be sent to FS. How can FSUIPC know you want it sent to another PC? The key presses are LOCAL to the PC in which they are generated.

1)- In the wideserver.ini = what exactly i need to include in order to identify this buttor programmed in the step 7?

You do NOT program any keystroke in the FS PC. You do NOT edit WideServer.ini. There is no need.

Just assign the button to a KeySend control (its in the FSUIPC drop-down control list), and assign it a unique parameter, e.g. "1".

Then any Client PC which has KeySend code 1 defined will see this and generate whatever keystroke you assign to it IN THE CLIENT PC.

Please look up "KeySend" in the WideFS documentation, as I advised in my last message. There are even examples!

keysend?=????????? its not clear to me in this case that a keyboard key is required to be assigned (not a function from the drop down list). Its there other command that i need to include in the wideserver.ini?

Sorry, I do not understand this paragraph at all. You seem to be deliberately mixing things up even though they are explained separately.

You can deal with KeySends completely in WideServer.INI and WideClient.INI, but to make it easier I allowed the KeySend to be programmed in FSUIPC, and in any case only FSUIPC (not WideServer) sees GoFlight buttons (or any Client buttons).

Can you please read about KeySend in FSUIPC's User Guide and also in the WideFS document? It is all explained there in greater length than I can here. I don't see any point in reproducing the documentation here.

2)-in the wideclient.ini = i include the parameter "ACTIONKEYS=YES and then the same problem at this moment the only information in my hand here is the 2101 and the 0 so the keysend?=????.

The 2101,0 is the button number seen in FSUIPC, it is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IRRELEVANT TO THE CLIENT!!! You make FSUIPC interpret the button as a KeySend control. It is the Keysend control you program in the Client!!

I dont know if i need to convert the letter "V" to the Microsoft keyboard key code and use this??? and if this is the solution then were i can find the keyboardkey codes.

Oh dear! This proves that you haven't bothered to read the WideFS documentation. Please look at the section on KeySend where it tells you where to find the codes. All my documents and programs for FS are available on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, though you will nowadays also find all the key codes listed in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide.

I download one from MS but the descriptions of the keycodes in your documentation eje: keysend1=65,9, = (shift+a) is not the same that in the microsoft keycodes description.

:( :( :( :(

Why Oh Why not read what I've written? How can it all be so mis-interpreted? Please explain why you keep taking so many wrong paths? Read the documentation then tell me why it is so bad, so I may improve it.

Pete

Hello,

Maybe you will hate me for all this questions but well i need to resolve this problem. (sorry) but is not like you say that i dont read your documentation. This documentatio was read for me more than 5 times. The problem is in this specific situation and not that the documentation is bad.

1)- The real confusion related to this issue in the documentation is that i like to programming a keyboard lettler "v" and you explain that use the dropdown control list and assign the paramenter 1 for the keysend1 that will be coded in the wideclient.ini. Ok(keysend=86,9,run1 / the 86=v the 9=shift, and the run1 the third party program (freefd eicas) that i activate. but the point is that to activate the parameter field and code the number 1 you need to checkmark the fscontrol field and select a function from the dropdown menu in fsuipc that are predefined fsfunctions for the fs2004 running in the server.

Anyway i put the checkmark, select one of the options in the dropdown menu and include the parameter 1, expected that the parameter keysend1 in the windeclient.ini will override this option with my option coded here. but nothing happend. The goflight button validate the function in the dropdwon menu of fs2004 and not my code in the wideclient.ini command.

(keysend1=86,9,run1). By the way the Goflight configuration file do not include any configuration for this button.

sorry for that but i will apreciate your patience with me related to this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

but is not like you say that i dont read your documentation. This documentatio was read for me more than 5 times. The problem is in this specific situation and not that the documentation is bad.

So why can't you tell me what it is you don't understand?

1)- The real confusion related to this issue in the documentation is that i like to programming a keyboard lettler "v" and you explain that use the dropdown control list and assign the paramenter 1 for the keysend1 that will be coded in the wideclient.ini. Ok(keysend=86,9,run1 / the 86=v the 9=shift, and the run1 the third party program (freefd eicas) that i activate.

Not "KeySend= ...". You need to give it the number from the parameter in the FS PC, i.e. KeySend1= ...

But where's the confusion? You say there is confusion, but you do not say where. What is it that you are confused about? Unless you tell me, how can I help?

but the point is that to activate the parameter field and code the number 1 you need to checkmark the fscontrol field and select a function from the dropdown menu in fsuipc that are predefined fsfunctions for the fs2004 running in the server.

Yesamongst which is one called ""Keysend 1-255 (widefs)". That's the one. It is in the list. What is this "point" you are trying to make, please? You say "the point is" but then merely explain what you need to do, so you know. Please explain.

Anyway i put the checkmark, select one of the options in the dropdown menu and include the parameter 1, expected that the parameter keysend1 in the windeclient.ini will override this option

Erwhat do you mean "override this option"? There's no "option" to be overridden! Can you explain what you mean please.

WideClient sends all button presses to WideServer which sends them to FSUIPC.

FSUIPC is programmed to interpret the buttons in whatever way you want. In this case you want it to send it BACK to the Client. This is done using the KeySend control, of which you can have up to 255 different ones, with parameters 1 to 255.

In the Client, when it sees KeySend 1 it finds you have programmed it to send a V to a program you have asked it to load, so it does.

That's it.

with my option coded here. but nothing happend. The goflight button validate the function in the dropdwon menu of fs2004 and not my code in the wideclient.ini command.

(keysend1=86,9,run1).

Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by "validate"?

Did you include the ActionKeys=Yes parameter in the client INI file? Did you put both parameters in the [user] section? Are you sure that the program you are using in the Client does read the keyboard using normal Windows keyboard messages? If it does its own Keyboard scan, then there is no way it will ever work this way, it will only work with a real keyboard.

Test that your KeySend is working by temporarily making the program you are running Notepad.exe or something else which will show the character 'V'.

Pete

Hello Pete,

What is the exact name that the The KeySend command in FSUIPC's drop-down control list appear?. I check your FS2004 Control list and nothing appear here with the name of keysend or widefs etc. And i do not remeber nothing like this in my fsuipc button dropdown list for the fs2004 at home.

I ask you that because im in my job now and you have around 5 hours of different with me so when i arrive to my house is maybe around 1:00am in your country. So ld like to try this tonight.

Note:

excuse my english because my first language here is spanish.

Thanks for your patience and help

What is the exact name that the The KeySend command in FSUIPC's drop-down control list appear?.

As I just said in the last message, please review it:

"Yesamongst which is one called ""Keysend 1-255 (widefs)". That's the one. It is in the list."

I check your FS2004 Control list and nothing appear here with the name of keysend or widefs etc.

Oh dear! The FS2004 controls list, strangely enough, is a list of FS2004 controls. It will not list any of the many extra controls added by FSUIPC. Please PLEASE PLEASE check the FSUIPC User documentation. I shouldn't have to do this, but I am repeating here the section in the User Guide which you apparently miss:

FS Control programming involves simply selecting the FS Control you want to occur from the drop-down list. Note that this list is very long, and is rather cryptic—the names here are mainly the names actually used in FS and are obtained from FS dynamically, so a different list will appear in FS98, FS2000 and FS2002. The only exceptions to this are a number of FS2002 and FS2004 controls that are usable but have not been assigned names in FS’s controls table, plus some special commands to deal with other programs. The latter include:

 Two controls to operate the Roger Wilco (RW) and Advanced Voice Client (AVC) “push to talk” facilities (more below).

 Three controls to handle FSUIPC’s “button flags”, used in conditional button programming. Button flag clear, set and toggle are programmable both here and in the Keys programming page, but they can only be used in complex button programs by editing the FSUIPC.INI file. This is described fully in the Advanced User’s Guide.

A control for sending KeySend messages to WideFS clients running on other PCs. The specific KeySend number is set as a parameter (1–255) and is equated to a key press directed to a client program in the relevant WideClient.ini file. Just be sure to set the parameter for the KeySend control to the same number (“N” in KeySendN=…) used in the WideClient.ini file, as it is this which related the two. (Please see the WideFS documentation for more details of its KeySend facilities).

 Optionally many extra controls for Project Magenta modules. To see the PM controls in the drop-down lists check the option box on the page. All the Project Magenta entries start with “Pm” and the Airbus-specific ones “Pm Ab”. A list of those supported is provided in the FSUIPC Advanced Users Guide.

 An Autobrake Set control, to directly set the autobrake (0=RTO, 1=off, 2–5=settings to Max).

 A set of “fast” FS autopilot value increment/decrement controls. These add to the default FS “inc” and “dec” controls with ten times the increment. Values handled are Altitude, Speed, Mach, V/S, Heading, and both OBIs (Courses).

 [FS2004] A Traffic density set control, which sets the FS AI traffic density to any value from 0 to 100% according to the parameter value provided.

 [FS2004] A traffic density toggle control, which turns the AI traffic off (density = 0) if it is on, but if it is already off it turns it on, using the density value provided in the parameter or 100% if that is omitted or set zero.

 [FS2004] Controls to switch AI Traffic labels on or off, or to change the label contents. For the latter you need to provide a parameter with the value specifying which items of data the labels should include. Calculate the parameter by adding together the values from this list:

1 Manufacturer

2 Model

4 Tail number

8 Altitude

16 Airspeed

32 Heading

64 Airline

128 Airline + Flight number

256 Route

512 Reference number

1024 Multiplayer name (?)

 Spoiler inc and Spoiler dec controls, which raise or lower the spoilers (speed brakes) by a small amount on each use. The increment is set, by default, to give 32 steps in the whole range, but you can change that in the FSUIPC.INI file—see the Advanced User’s document.

 Offset controls, which allow values to be written to FSUIPC’s offsets, for all sorts of actions and effects. There are controls for byte (8 bit), word (16-bit) and double word (32-bit) values, and facilities for bit setting, clearing and toggling. When using these, another input field appears on screen for the entry of the specific offset, which is best entered in hexadecimal (precede the value with the letter ‘x’). The value is provided as a parameter and this too can be entered in hexadecimal, preceded by ‘x’.

I have emboldened the relevant parts.

And i do not remeber nothing like this in my fsuipc button dropdown list for the fs2004 at home.

I respectfully suggest you look again.

excuse my english because my first language here is spanish.

I can understand that this may make it more difficult to understand my English, but I still don't understand how you can miss so much. Sorry to be so critical, but you will understand that it does get rather frustrating saying the same thing over and over.

Regards,

Pete