The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Ver 3.2.2 & FS2000

Hi Pete:

Just wanted to inform you of a problem that I experienced with FSUIPC ver 3.2.2 using FS2000 -- you may have heard about this already. It adversly effects the autopilot ( more specifically the VSI gauge ); namely, when you decrease the altitude to descend to a lower altitude, the VSI will not go negative. Instaed it goes positive and the aircraft begins to climb. When you try to change the VSI value to a negative number you cannot, The lowest it will go is to zero. I thought you might want to know so that it can be corrected. In the meantime I reinstalled the latest version before 3.2.2 and everything works.

Leo D.

Just wanted to inform you of a problem that I experienced with FSUIPC ver 3.2.2 using FS2000 -- you may have heard about this already. It adversly effects the autopilot ( more specifically the VSI gauge ); namely, when you decrease the altitude to descend to a lower altitude, the VSI will not go negative. Instaed it goes positive and the aircraft begins to climb. When you try to change the VSI value to a negative number you cannot, The lowest it will go is to zero. I thought you might want to know so that it can be corrected. In the meantime I reinstalled the latest version before 3.2.2 and everything works.

That is very strange, as there have been no changes made which could affect that. The only thing FSUIPC may do with the autopilot is apply an altitude correction and V/S sign correction to ensure that the altitude hold works correctly. This is described in the User Guide in the technical section. Do you have that option (labelled "Enable A/T altitude fix" in the Technical page) on or off?

Could you enable "extras" logging, please, and provide a Log for a short session including the condition you describe? Also, just in case it is something which has changed again in my developing versions, please try the interim test version I am emailing to you.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete:

Thanks for the rapid reply to my posted message. I do have the A/T altitude fix box checked or selected in the technical section. I also flew a shot senario and produced a Log. It's a large file -- over 1Mb. I will be happy to forward it to you. Please advise me on the proper procedure for so doing.

Leo

I do have the A/T altitude fix box checked or selected in the technical section.

Did you try without that checked?

I also flew a shot senario and produced a Log. It's a large file -- over 1Mb.

Got itit shows that FS is continually crashing and that FSUIPC is trapping this crash and logging it. It appears that FSUIPC cannot actually be doing much at all. It looks like I will have to install FS2000 to see what is going on.

Regards,

Pete