The simFlight Network Forums

Small program for experimenting with FSUIPC

I'd really use a little (very little) program, that allows me to send data to fsuipc, letting me define the address, data and data type.

This would be only a few lines of code.

Is there anybody who has one?

Peter Dowson, i'm sorry if you already provided this facility in the SDK, if so i completely missed it.

Thank you

Claudio

I'd really use a little (very little) program, that allows me to send data to fsuipc, letting me define the address, data and data type.

This would be only a few lines of code.

I don't know of such a small one -- I use FSInterrogate, which is great for anything except character strings and 32-bit floats. Everything else it handles well. Pelle was going to add extra data types long ago, but I fear he got caught up with earning a living instead, and never managed to get back to it.

Of course, I added the reverse -- simply reading and displaying data, given address and data type -- this is the Monitor facility in FSUIPC's Logging page.

Writing data is possible using FSUIPC's "Offset ..." series of controls, of course, but the parameter (data) in each can has to be specified in the parameter field of the assigned control, which isn't as flexible as perhaps you want -- though I've found it useful to test out facilities with a number of "sample" values, and assignments to lots of TAB+x key combinations.

Regards,

Pete

I don't know of such a small one -- I use FSInterrogate

Yes i too use FSI, but it is for reading, i need writing :(

Of course, I added the reverse -- simply reading and displaying data, given address and data type -- this is the Monitor facility in FSUIPC's Logging page.

FSInterrogate is fine for what i'm doing, but i need writing capabilities.

Writing data is possible using FSUIPC's "Offset ..." series of controls, of course, but the parameter (data) in each can has to be specified in the parameter field of the assigned control, which isn't as flexible as perhaps you want -- though I've found it useful to test out facilities with a number of "sample" values, and assignments to lots of TAB+x key combinations.

A couple years ago the same thing i need now, i had done myself.

That was when i was studying C at university :P

Now i don't even have a compiler, nor do i remember much of it...

I just need a very basic facility to send FSUIPC customizeable data to write in the offsets....

Thank you

Claudio

I don't know of such a small one -- I use FSInterrogate

Yes i too use FSI, but it is for reading, i need writing :(

It will do both! How do you think I have managed all these years! :wink: Have you not investigated it more thoroughly? Pelle did document it quite well, did you not check?

Just load it up, and try pressing the button marked "..." at the right end of each field name. Select the Buffers tab, then see how you can read and write in any of the supported sizes and formats, in hex or decimal.

Regards,

Pete