The simFlight Network Forums

Sending Key Events ?

Hi Pete!

I am programming a software for a Hardware MCP for a 757...

If i want to use the FS Internal Key events (like used in a gauge) , how do that with fsuipc ?

I guess the offset 0x3200 does something similar? what is it dowing exactly and where are the parameters described ?

kind regards

florian

If i want to use the FS Internal Key events (like used in a gauge) , how do that with fsuipc ?

The ones used in gauges are the FS controls, the same as those which can be assigned in FS Options-Controls-Assignments, and the same as listed in FSUIPC Keys and Buttons pages for assignment.

The complete list of all of these is given in my FS Controls list documents, one for each version of FS -- see

www.schiratti.com/dowson
. In fact the names used there (and in my drop-down lists) are mostly the same as the Gauge SDK Key names but without the KEY_ part at the front.
I guess the offset 0x3200 does something similar? what is it dowing exactly and where are the parameters described ?

No. Offsets 3200-320B are for sending key strokes to FS, emulating the keyboard, exactly as it says in the FSUIPC Programmer's Guide.

The facility to send FS Controls is at offsets 3110-3117.

Regards,

Pete