The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

Hi,

I have the registered version of FSUIPC and am having some problems. I am not sure if FSUIPC has anything to do with them but when I open the FSUIPC Window, it comes up with VSUIPC. What does this mean? Oh, the problem, my aircraft a DH8 falls out of the sky rather dramatically even on autopilot whether on line or off line. At high altitude (22000ft) I can recover but at 3000ft there is no chance.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sam Sambrook

I have the registered version of FSUIPC and am having some problems. I am not sure if FSUIPC has anything to do with them but when I open the FSUIPC Window, it comes up with VSUIPC. What does this mean?

Sorry. what do you mean? What "comes up VSUIPC"? I've never heard of that. What "FSUIPC Window" are you opening. There's only the options dialogue, accessed by ALT M F, or by mouse selection from the Modules menu. This looks like the pictures you will find in the User Guide.

Oh, the problem, my aircraft a DH8 falls out of the sky rather dramatically even on autopilot whether on line or off line. At high altitude (22000ft) I can recover but at 3000ft there is no chance.

Sorry, FSUIPC doesn't do anything with any aircraft. It is passively acting as an interface for any program, gauge or module which wants to use it. You need to look elsewhere to find out why an aircraft doesn't do what you expect.

Please check the FSUIPC User Guide. It tells you at length what FSUIPC is for and what options you have. none of those are there to keep an aircraft in the sky. That's to do with FS's simulation of flight.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for that, I tried the same route with a different aircraft and it seems OK. However, the other problem. When in FS9 I press ALT, then from the FS taskbar select MODULES then in the drop down menu HostSB and [/u]VSUIPC appears instead of FSUIPC. Just wondered why that's all.

Many thanks

Sam Sambrook

When in FS9 I press ALT, then from the FS taskbar select MODULES then in the drop down menu HostSB and [/u]VSUIPC appears instead of FSUIPC. Just wondered why that's all.

Sounds like either some other program has changed the menu entry, or possibly you have some corruption in the FSUIPC.INI file. The menu to be added and the entry therein are specified by these two lines in the INI file:

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

where the "&" tells Windows which character to underline (and thus make the keyboard selector for the entry). Check those lines. The INI file is found in the FS Modules folder.

If there is any corruption in your INI file it would be a good idea to delete it (when not running FS), and let FSUIPC build another, next time you load FS. Of course this will reset your options to defaults and delete any joystick settings or key and button assignments you've made, so you may want to save those sections.

Regards,

Pete