The simFlight Network Forums

Spoilers and Thrust size

Hello all

Is there a way to change the spoilersize and thrust size of an aircraft via FSUIPC during flight?

Does anyone know the offsets of these values?

I am working on a small VB6 program and need to know if the sizes can be changed. I know it's in the aircraft.cfg files but need to change for a short period.

Thanks, Rick

Is there a way to change the spoilersize and thrust size of an aircraft via FSUIPC during flight?

Does anyone know the offsets of these values?

I don't think that the FS sim engine is designed that way, with simple values which can be changed on the fly. I am no expert on the aircraft side of things, but it seems to me that the parameters read from the Aircraft.CFG and the AIR files are used as a basis for generating a complex flight model, maybe with tables and all sorts. Certainly most of these things interact with each other.

There are jet thrust values for each engine (204C etc) but I suspect that these are derived values and I doubt whether you can change them, though you are welcome to try. I really don't know of any "spoiler effectiveness" value internally, but simply manipulating the value in 0BD0 should be sufficient provided there's enough effect pre-defined for the aircraft.

Even if the were specific values matching your needs which I could find and map offsets to, which is unlikely, I doubt whether writing to them would have the effect you might be seeking, simply because of the interaction in the modelling.

I don't know what you are trying to do, but experimenting with writing to the assorted velocities and accelerations (3060-30B8 and 3178-31D0) may give you what you want. Alternatively try changing the loaded weight and distribution (1400).

Regards,

Pete