The simFlight Network Forums

Failure of FSFLightMax registration

Hello Pete --

Thank you for all your time and efforts with FSUIPC over the years...it is truly a wonderful application.

I have entered the registration key for FSFightMax from your list and continue to get the error message that it is not accredited for use with FSUIPC when launching FS9. There are some aspects of the software that appear to work correctly, but some that don't, and I can't tell whether this is a factor or not.

It was suggested to me that this would be the best place to ask for help, so I have attached my FSUIPC log.

Thanks for your time!

Scott

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.22 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Scott Barefield"

User Addr="hawkeye91@verizon.net"

FSUIPC not user registered

WideFS Key is provided

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=240

12625 System time = 21:22:43

12625 \\SCOTT\FS2004\

12656 System time = 21:22:43, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

26922 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

27000 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

27000 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

37531 Module identified = "fsflightmax.dll"

37531 Illegal read attempt: offset 325C, size 4

37531Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

40859 ### IPC Message processed in 3328mSecs ###

50359 C:\Documents and Settings\Scott Barefield\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

51187 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

116500 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

116500 Traffic File #12 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic"

118812 Traffic File #13 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

199203 Client Application: "fsflightmax" (Id=3692)

199234 C:\Program Files\FS2004\modules\fsflightmax\fsflightmax.exe

199250 Product="FSFlightMax for Microsoft Flight Simulator"

199250 Company="Sim Systems"

242687 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

312515 Module identified = "fsflightmax.dll"

312515 Illegal read attempt: offset 32FC, size 2

312515Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

429203 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

770437 ***ERROR C0000005 at 21145193 ProcessRequest

770437 *** Access violation trying to read address 0000044C

770437 *** EAX 00000000 EBX 00000000 ECX 0012F2A4 EDX 00000000 EDI 0012EBE4 ESI 21145170

771172 System time = 21:35:21, FS2004 time = 23:30:31 (04:30Z)

771172 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 6569 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

I have entered the registration key for FSFightMax from your list and continue to get the error message that it is not accredited for use with FSUIPC when launching FS9.

Which one? There are two in the listdid you get the right one?

fsflightmax.exe

Product: "FSGarmin", Company: "Sim Systems"

KEY = 5SFB WJV4 O7C0

or

Product: "FSFlightMax for Microsoft Flight Simulator", Company: "Sim Systems"

KEY = Q102 FE41 ISKT

But, wait a minute: according to the Log, it isn't an EXE program you are getting the problem with, but some FS module:

37531 Module identified = "fsflightmax.dll"

I'm afraid I've never heard of that, nor will the Keys supplied for an EXE program work for a DLL.

This, the EXE access part, is okay:

199203 Client Application: "fsflightmax" (Id=3692)

199234 C:\Program Files\FS2004\modules\fsflightmax\fsflightmax.exe

199250 Product="FSFlightMax for Microsoft Flight Simulator"

199250 Company="Sim Systems"

Another thing in your log is a bit worrying. FSUIPC is trapping a crash, one which would have otherwise crashed FS for sure:

770437 ***ERROR C0000005 at 21145193 ProcessRequest

770437 *** Access violation trying to read address 0000044C

770437 *** EAX 00000000 EBX 00000000 ECX 0012F2A4 EDX 00000000 EDI 0012EBE4 ESI 21145170

This is in the WEATHER.DLL part of FS. Looks like it is trying to read weather which isn't set up. Apart from FlightMax, what other add-in or add-on programs were you running, please?

Does FlightMax have anything to do with the weather, like reading it perhaps? I need to work out whether it is FSUIPC or something else causing this crash. From the details above it definitely looks like something is asking FSUIPC to read weather for an invalid location.

Regards,

Pete

I actually triple-checked the product key and it is the correct one.

FSFLightMax, among other things, contains a weather radar component, so it does read weather (or at least it's supposed to). My reading in other forums suggests that it may not be able to read directly from the FS9 wx, but instead requires either ActiveSky or FSMeteo (neither of which I have...yet). Could it be looking for input from one of those and since it's not finding it, it's causing the loop?

I do not have any other weather-related add-ons at this point.

As for the .dll file, I just followed the instructions on the FSFlightmax install. Actually, it put the file there on its own.

Hope that's enough to help.

My reading in other forums suggests that it may not be able to read directly from the FS9 wx, but instead requires either ActiveSky or FSMeteo (neither of which I have...yet). Could it be looking for input from one of those and since it's not finding it, it's causing the loop?

I don't rreally know, but I want to be able to protect FS from crashing because of bad calls from programs, so I'll need to look at it.

As for the .dll file, I just followed the instructions on the FSFlightmax install. Actually, it put the file there on its own.

Hope that's enough to help.

Not really, sorry. Odd that no other user has ever mentioned the DLL. Do you know what it does? Have you tried removing it from the FS Modules folder?

It is very very awkward trying to deal with a defunct product like this. Aren't there any self-help groups around who can help sort this out? All I was asked for was a Key for the EXE program. I would need to know more about this DLL before I could proceed.

Regards,

Pete

Hmmm...well there are support/discussion forums on both simFlight and Avsim. I just got the product myself, so I'm just starting to learn about it myself.

Interestingly enough, when I first installed FSFlightMax, I got a warning message from FS saying that it had detected potentially incompatible .dll. Once I entered the accreditation key, that message went away and was replaced by the aforementioned FSUIPC error.

Removing the.dll file from the Modules folder has the obvious consequences...I cannot access the program from the FS Modules Menu. It does however make the FSUIPC error message go away. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a standalone program that will launch without the .dll. I'll have to post to the other forums to see if anyone else has had a similar expereience.

Interestingly enough, when I first installed FSFlightMax, I got a warning message from FS saying that it had detected potentially incompatible .dll. Once I entered the accreditation key, that message went away and was replaced by the aforementioned FSUIPC error.

Hmmm .. that's extremely odd because the check that FS carries out for "bad" DLLs is performed as it is loading them -- FSUIPC will not actually be running then, and no key will be any use anyway. In fact FSUIPC doesn't start running enough to process keys until very much later. I really think it more likely that you or something changed the "OldModules" entry in the FS9.CFG file so that the DLL got accepted without FS quibbling.

Removing the.dll file from the Modules folder has the obvious consequences...I cannot access the program from the FS Modules Menu.

Which program? FSFlightMax? I didn't know it had any access in the Menu? Why would it, if there's an EXE running which you can use? Evidently there's something I'm not getting here.

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a standalone program that will launch without the .dll.

Er .. what is FSFlightMax.EXE then, the program which has been given the FSUIPC Access Key? Isn't that the program you run? If you don't run it, what does? The DLL? Have you tried running it?

This is getting more confusing by the minute. I'm very sorry, but I'm not sure how I can help if at all. What IS FlightMax, the EXE or the DLL? My only contact with it was as a separate program which could even be run on a separate PC using WideFS.

On the other problem, the crash in Weather.DLL, I can't find any reason for it here with the information in the Log. Could you possibly run EXACTLY the same sequence as you did before (the one which produced the earlier Log), but first add the line "LogWrites=Yes" to the [General] section of FSUIPC.INI? Then ZIP up the FSUIPC.LOG file and send it to petedowson@btconnect.com. Thanks!

Don't forget to go into FSUIPC's Logging page and switch off the IPC Write logging after the test, or you'll keep making big Log files!

Regards,

Pete

The more this exchange has progressed, the more I have viewed it as feedback and help for you rather than getting help for myself (which is just fine by me). =)

Hmmm .. that's extremely odd because the check that FS carries out for "bad" DLLs is performed as it is loading them -- FSUIPC will not actually be running then, and no key will be any use anyway. In fact FSUIPC doesn't start running enough to process keys until very much later. I really think it more likely that you or something changed the "OldModules" entry in the FS9.CFG file so that the DLL got accepted without FS quibbling

I stand corrected on this. I took a tip from a FSFLightMax forum and made the following change OldModules

[OLDMODULES]

FSFLIGHTMAX.DLL=1

That's actually what got me past the first error as you suspected.

Er .. what is FSFlightMax.EXE then, the program which has been given the FSUIPC Access Key? Isn't that the program you run? If you don't run it, what does? The DLL? Have you tried running it?

Well that's what I was wondering. I tried running the .exe with FS running but without the .dll and I got an error dialog box saying "Flight Simulator must be running with the FSFlightMax module loaded."

What IS FlightMax, the EXE or the DLL? My only contact with it was as a separate program which could even be run on a separate PC using WideFS.

Well that's a very good question. All I thought I was getting was a heckuva great add-on. Instead, I got a big 'ol can o' worms which I've now dumped all over your desk. =)

Thanks Pete...I'll do my best to reproduce the original error and send it to you.

I'll do my best to reproduce the original error and send it to you.

Received. Thanks. It's late here now, so I'll look at it tomorrow.

If you'd like to send me a Zipped FSFlightMax.DLL too (same email address), I'll look to see if it is suitable for a Key. It depends how it is written. If it is I'll see about publishing a Freeware Key for it too.

It just seems odd that this hasn't arisen before -- the EXE file keys were published long ago.

Regards,

Pete