The simFlight Network Forums

Retrieving FSUIPC registration key?

Hello Pete,

It was probably going to happen some day. I had an HD failure in my computer and did not think it was a big problem because I've backed-up just about everything. But of course I blew it with FSUIPC. The copies I found on CD are old, unregistrered versions. Is there a way of retrieving a key? What sort of information would I need to send you to identify myself as a registered user?

Also, I am not sure of the exact version I had registered... is this an issue?

Thanks,

Bruno.

Is there a way of retrieving a key?

Depends where you bought it. If from SimMarket, go to http://www.simmarket.com and open your account with your user name and password. Then you can retrieve your key directly.

Please, after re-registering in FSUIPC, save a copy of your FSUIPC.KEY file.

Also, I am not sure of the exact version I had registered... is this an issue?

Only version 3 is so far registrable -- versions 1 and 2, long defunct, had no registrations. so your key must have been for version 3. Only the latest version of FSUIPC (currently 3.22) is supported in any case, and you should always upgrade when a new version comes out unless there is some particular problem stopping this.

Regards,

Pete