The simFlight Network Forums

Problem programing PFC throttles

Hello Peter:

I’m having a problem programming the user portion of my PFC throttle quadrant. When I try to assign “Prop RPM 1-2” to any lever, nothing happens. The slider doesn’t move, the variable values don’t change and of course, the lever does not control the prop RPM’s for engine 1 and 2 in the sim. As a matter of fact, as soon as I select the “Prop RPM 1-2” option from the list of commands, the hash marks next to the slider even appear scrambled on the screen. If I change the command assigned to that lever, the hash marks appear normal again. This problem happens no matter what lever I assign the command to. As far I can tell this happens only with the “Prop RPM 1-2” command option. All other commands can be assigned to any lever.

I recently registered my copy of FSUIPC (3.22) but the problem existed before and after registration. I am running PFC DLL 1.844. The problem first appeared a few PFC DLL’s ago. I’m sorry I can’t remember witch PFC DLL the problem started with.

Any thoughts or ideas?

greg

I’m having a problem programming the user portion of my PFC throttle quadrant. When I try to assign “Prop RPM 1-2” to any lever, nothing happens.

Er .. I have no "Prop RPM 1-2" controls listed. Do you mean "PropPitch12" or "PropPitchR12"? I can check it out here if you let me know.

I recently registered my copy of FSUIPC (3.22) but the problem existed before and after registration.

The version and registered state of FSUIPC is nothing to do with PFC.DLL.

I am running PFC DLL 1.844. The problem first appeared a few PFC DLL’s ago. I’m sorry I can’t remember witch PFC DLL the problem started with.

It's a shame you didn't report it earlier, as I am in the middle of massive changes to PFC.DLL and cannot possibly release an update for several weeks. If I can reproduce the problem I will do, but the next release is likely to be in July or later now. Sorry.

Please confirm which control it is you are attempting to assign.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter:

I am most sorry. "PropPitch12" is the command I'm trying to assign.

As for not reporting it sooner, I apologize. I was sure that "I" was doing something wrong. If PFC DLL needs to be fixed, please don't bother on my account. I would be more then happy to wait untill July.

greg

I am most sorry. "PropPitch12" is the command I'm trying to assign.

Okay, thanks. Actually I just checked, and it looks to be some default scaling value which is really messed up, way out of range. I expect it to be easy to fix, and would do it straight-away if it were not for the inconvenience of having too much other code half-baked as yet.

If PFC DLL needs to be fixed, please don't bother on my account. I would be more then happy to wait untill July.

For now you could try using the control with the reverse range included (PropPitchR12) and just calibrate the reverse zone to be negligible or non-existent.

Regards,

Pete