The simFlight Network Forums

Project Magenta

Hello Mr. Dowson;

I want to increase the range in the Map of the ND for Project Magenta using FSUIPC and WideFS and GoFlight modules. I have in the WIDE CLIENT.INI of WideFS at the [uSER] section;

ActiveKeys=Yes

Run1=C:\PFD\PFD.EXE

Keysend1=72,8,Run1

The letter to increase the range in Map of the ND is H.

I have a listing of WideFS that tells me that H=72, that is why there is a 72 in the Keysend1 line. I have a FSUIPC listing for the Project Magenta GC Controls. In here the code to increase the range is 49. I have 72 for the WideFS line and 49 for the FSUIPC button programming. I went to FSUIPC and click on BUTTON, then I press a key on the GoFlight module. FSUIPC found the key I pushed in the GoFlight module and set it in the "PRESS BUTTON" area. I have check Include Project Magenta and Select for FS Control areas. Then in the Control sent when button pressed I selected "keysend(1-255)", then I typed a 1 in the Parameter area. I return to my WideFS screen where the PFD/ND is showing and then I press the key I programmed in FSUIPC to send the increase range but nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong?, Please, Pete, don't tell me to read the manual, I did that. Maybe I don't understand the procedure. Please help. Questions;

1-Do I have the use the PARAMETER" section in FSUIPC if I'm using the KeySend line in the Client.Ini.

2-What is this PARAMENTER area in the BUTTON section of FSUIPC for.

3-What code do I have to use and where "72" or "49" and where.

Please help.

Miguel Rios

The letter to increase the range in Map of the ND is H.

I have a listing of WideFS that tells me that H=72, that is why there is a 72 in the Keysend1 line. I have a FSUIPC listing for the Project Magenta GC Controls. In here the code to increase the range is 49. I have 72 for the WideFS line and 49 for the FSUIPC button programming.

You are mixing up two completely different things.

The "49" value for the PM interface is a parameter used for the direct PM interface. There's no Keysends, no alteration of WideClient.INI, no Keypresses at all involved with that.

You say you've read the documentation, so please PLEASE tell me how you mix KeySends (which are for activating KeyPresses on Client PCs using WideFS) with explicit PM controls supported by FSUIPC directly and not involving WideFS whatsoever? Where are you linking these things together?

Either use KeyPresses (and therefore WideFS's KeySend), or use the direct controls provided. It's probably better to use the controls -- the keypresses are intended for programs which, unlike PM, are not operated through PM offsets.

I selected "keysend(1-255)", then I typed a 1 in the Parameter area. I return to my WideFS screen where the PFD/ND is showing and then I press the key I programmed in FSUIPC to send the increase range but nothing happens.

That's more a question for PM support I'm afraid. But I would recommend you scrap all that anyway and use the PM controls as provided.

Just delete the stuff you added to WideClient. Go to FSUIPC's Buttons page, press your button, find the PM control in the drop down list. If you look more carefully you will see you don't even need the "49" you found, you simply need one of these:

Pm Nd Range Dec

Pm Nd Range Inc

Pm Nd2 Range Dec

Pm Nd2 Range Inc

You don't need any parameter with those, they are simple direct controls.

Please, Pete, don't tell me to read the manual, I did that. Maybe I don't understand the procedure.

I think it is just a matter that you ploughed into the Advanced User;s documentation and misunderstood it all. That is for Advanced users. Beginners should really stick to the easier stuff :wink:

Next time you want a control, look through the list first to see if it there. I know it is long but it will be quicker!

1-Do I have the use the PARAMETER" section in FSUIPC if I'm using the KeySend line in the Client.Ini.

If you use KeySend, then, yes. The parameter in FSUIPC provides the KeySend number. With up to 255 different KeySends possible, there has to be some way to link them, do you see?

2-What is this PARAMENTER area in the BUTTON section of FSUIPC for.

Oddly enough, it is for providing parameters -- for those controls which use then, like the KeySend facilities, some of the PM facilities, and of course for those FS controls which need a value (mostly those ending with "Set"). Parameters are extra qualifying data, that's all.

3-What code do I have to use and where "72" or "49" and where.

Your "72" is a Key stroke code and used wherever you want to define the key press 'H'. Your "49" was obviously (if you go look again) listed as a parameter for the PM GC Controls (By Param) facility, which you would only need to use if there was a function there you needed which wasn't listed separately as a PM control in any case.

You may have read the documents but you seem to have linked several parts which are not linked either by narrative or reference. I really don't understand why or how you have done this, but you seem to have rather gone out of your way to make it seem as complicated as possible when, in fact, there was a listed control directly applicable to your needs which you didn't find.

:( :( :? :cry:

Pete

Hello Mr. Dowson;

I tried that at the begining of my search of the truth, but it did not work. I did what you said; I deleted the stuff I added to WideClient and went back to FSUIPC's Buttons page. I push my button on GoFlight, it was detected by FSUIPC. I then found the Pm Nd Range Dec line. I click on the ok and went back to the ND of Majenta. I push my GoFlight button while observing the range in the map area and guess what, NOTHING happened. I push and push and push. No range change. That's why I tried all the other things I told you before. Could it be that I need to de-activate and activate FlightSim and Project Magenta after setting the button in FSUIPC for the change to take Place?

Quote:

1-That is for Advanced users. Beginners should really stick to the easier stuff

I guess that to become "Advanced" I have to change and try and change and try one more time to see what happens.

This was very instructive but I still have the same problem. If I did, as I did, what you told me to do, Why, do you thingk, the procedure is not working?

Thank you for your time and help.

Miguel

I push and push and push. No range change.

Okay, then now you are definitely into Project Magenta support areas. All FSUIPC does it toggle the bits in the offsets PM is using, It is then up to the PM software to see this and obey.

I don't know what builds you are using from PM, but if you are not using the PM MCP then these controls need very recent builds. Even then I think some things might be broken. Please check with PM support.

This was very instructive but I still have the same problem. If I did, as I did, what you told me to do, Why, do you thingk, the procedure is not working?

Sorry, I don't know, and I cannot really offer PM support. It works here with the builds I have (GC414, CDU351, MCP382). Can you check with PM support, please? All FSUIPC needs to do is waggle the bits, it is very simple. The rest is up to PM.

Regards,

Pete