The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Exit and Parking Assignment

Hi Pete,

here is a couple of "out there" questions. No worries if that is not possible/too much hassle, but I thought I'd ask.

1) I would like to know the status of the aircraft exits (Shift-E, 1, 2 - I think there are no more than two !?), which ones are available and their open/closed status.

2) Upon landing a plane, exiting the runway and contacting ground ATC, I get assigned a parking/ramp/gate space to taxi to. Is there any way to modify this via FSUIPC and force ATC to assign me a parking spot that I patch in beforehand somehow ?

I know, especially the second one sounds nuts :roll:, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Matthias

1) I would like to know the status of the aircraft exits (Shift-E, 1, 2 - I think there are no more than two !?), which ones are available and their open/closed status.

You must have missed this entry in the Release Notes (first Announcement in this Forum) and in the History document:

4. The byte at offset 3367 shows doors that are open (FS2004 only). At present this only provides bit 2^0 for the main doors. If I ever find other flags I’ll add them too.

This was in version 3.212. I'm not able to find any other exit indications I'm afraid.

2) Upon landing a plane, exiting the runway and contacting ground ATC, I get assigned a parking/ramp/gate space to taxi to. Is there any way to modify this via FSUIPC and force ATC to assign me a parking spot that I patch in beforehand somehow ?

No, sorry, I know of no way at all to interact with ATC.

Regards,

Pete

You must have missed this entry in the Release Notes (first Announcement in this Forum) and in the History document:

Guilty as charged. I am just using a printout of the programmer manual.

4. The byte at offset 3367 shows doors that are open (FS2004 only). At present this only provides bit 2^0 for the main doors. If I ever find other flags I’ll add them too.

Great, that's pretty good already. I guess in case of the second door you would ideally also need a flag that indicates the existence of such door, as I noticed not all planes support it.

No, sorry, I know of no way at all to interact with ATC.

Ok, I pretty much expected that answer. I think if we ever get access to ATC in general, it would open an immense potential for all kinds of add-ons.

Thanks, Pete !

P.S.: The earlier 'Save Flight' change integrated great, just as I hoped it would. :D

Matthias

Hey jd,

this looks very interesting, I have not heard of it before.

Reading the review however it appears as if it has exactly that problem, that it doesn't integrate with the FS ATC. I will read some more reviews and maybe give it a closer look sometimes.

Unfortunately though it is not an option to address my ATC parking issue as I wouldn't want to require users of my upcoming Add-On to als have Radar Contact.

Matthias