The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible to add a AI plane on the fly via FSUIPC?

Hi Pete and all other FSUIPC developers,

currently I think about a new addon and one feature would be towed glider takeoff. To get this right I thought about adding a AI plane via FSUIPC to take the motorplane part. Has anyone tried such thing before? Any help on this?

To get this right I thought about adding a AI plane via FSUIPC to take the motorplane part. Has anyone tried such thing before? Any help on this?

I don't think it is possible to add AI planes at run time, they need to be precompiled into traffic BGLs. and then they pretty much follow pre-defined paths and timings. However, by all means get the Traffic SDK from the Microsoft website and have a look.

A better bet would be to use Multiplayer and inject your additional aircraft that way. You'd need to keep control of it through the MP interface too.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you Pete for the quick answer and the suggestion with the multiplayer. Will look at this.

To get this right I thought about adding a AI plane via FSUIPC to take the motorplane part. Has anyone tried such thing before? Any help on this?

I don't think it is possible to add AI planes at run time, they need to be precompiled into traffic BGLs. and then they pretty much follow pre-defined paths and timings. However, by all means get the Traffic SDK from the Microsoft website and have a look.

A better bet would be to use Multiplayer and inject your additional aircraft that way. You'd need to keep control of it through the MP interface too.

Regards,

Pete