The simFlight Network Forums

This May Be a repeat ??

I did a search for this and came up empty, But here is my question, I appologize if it has already been asked.

When Using Wide FS w/Wide Client, and SB is running on the Client PC, is there a way to have the Chime alert messages, forwarded to the machine that is hosting?

I have gotten my client pc's all to connect when Flying online, it's just that it can be quite annoying when you are PM'd by a controller and miss the message, especially when you are payng attention to the GS and Localizer on a IFR approach.

Thanx agian and sorry if this was already asked.

Tony_P

When Using Wide FS w/Wide Client, and SB is running on the Client PC, is there a way to have the Chime alert messages, forwarded to the machine that is hosting?

I don't know SB, so I don't realy know the answer. But if it is playing a chime sound, then that will almost certainly only sound on the Client -- it would need something programmed for it on the Server otherwise, as FSUIPC doesn't offer any sound playing facilities.

If you are missing the sound itself then you probably need the sound turned up on the client. (If using voice ATC of course you'd want your headset connected to that PC in any case).

If it is a displayed message, then it depends how it is displaying it. If it is using its own window someplace, then that would presumably be on the Client. If it uses the FSUIPC facility to access the FS message window then it can appear either on the PC outside view, or wherever you like, via AdvDisplay and optionally ShowText.

Not knowing what the chime alert truly is I can't really help further, but possibly other SB users may be able to comment here.

Regards,

Pete