The simFlight Network Forums

Turning off one or the other?

Is it possible to turn off my calibration control in windows and just use what ever FSUIPC settings I have made. I may be wrong (most likely) but it seems FSUIPC and windows are fighting each other for control of my CH pedals and yoke. Or, am I way out in left field with this idea and the constant irratic turns when I taxi are being caused by some other gremlin?

Is it possible to turn off my calibration control in windows and just use what ever FSUIPC settings I have made. I may be wrong (most likely) but it seems FSUIPC and windows are fighting each other for control of my CH pedals and yoke. Or, am I way out in left field with this idea and the constant irratic turns when I taxi are being caused by some other gremlin?

FSUIPC doesn't really control any joystick inputs whatsoever. it merely operates like a filter on the final values INSIDE FF -- before that they've been calibrated by Windows and mucked about by FS.

Erratic turns whilst taxying could be due to asymmetric thrust, poorly calibrated toe brakes (are they sticking on?), or just winds. Just press "reset" on all the "set" buttons in FSUIPC's Joystick pages and FSUIPC won't touch any of them. Get them working correctly in Windows and FS. Apply only finishing touches with FSUIPC if still needed.

Regards,

Pete