The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG FMC offsets

Hi,

is there any possibility to get out the used offsets for the PMDG FMC? I only need the offsets for the FMC Menu Keys(INIT REF, RTEm CLB, CRZ,....).

I there a chance to get it out with FS Interrogate???

When yes, how i should make this...

please help. need it urgent for my home cockpit.

greetings

Markus

is there any possibility to get out the used offsets for the PMDG FMC? I only need the offsets for the FMC Menu Keys(INIT REF, RTEm CLB, CRZ,....).

If they were available I would have provided FS controls for them long ago. PMDG play their cards close to their chest. They are proposing to release an SDK some time soon, but it may not be free. I am really not sure yet how this will pan out, but I am meeting one of the PMDG folks on Saturday. Maybe I will learn something useful then.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

how was the meeting with the PMDG persons? Did they gave you any information on the offsets??

It wasn't really about offsets as such, but whether FSUIPC could offer controls for the PMDG aircraft via their SDK.

This remains unsolved at present as they still have not determined their commercial strategy for licensing this access. I think they want to be able to offer the individual hobbyists and cockpit builders the facilities we want, but want to make sure that commercial cockpit equipment suppliers pay their fair share of the development costs for the high-grade autopilot code they could then utilise to help sell sophisticated gear.

If all you want is access to offsets I think you can find some hacked ones around, but I'm afraid I cannot help directly at present as I have good relationship with PMDG and want to keep it that way.

Sorry it isn't better news yetI have proposed to PMDG some ways where FSUIPC could be authorised to list additional controls and map special offsets for proper cockpit programming, but I have to await their decisions on how to proceed.

Regards,

Pete