The simFlight Network Forums

Crashes

I`m running FS2004 with Radar Contact. I recently registered my copy of FSUIPC. Shortly afterwards, I got a message that I had two versions of FSUIPC and that I should delete one of them. In the modules folder I have a FSUI.DLL and a FSUIPC.DLL.

I wasn`t sure whether I should delete either of these and as the sim had been performing normally, I took no action.

Now, after about 45 minutes of use, FS2004 crashes.

Could you advise me which, if any, of these DLLs should be removed?

Cheers,

David

I got a message that I had two versions of FSUIPC and that I should delete one of them. In the modules folder I have a FSUI.DLL and a FSUIPC.DLL.

FSUI.DLL is a major part of FS, it is the User Interface.

You cannot have two copies with the same name in the same folder, so possibly you have a RENAMED copy of FSUIPC in the Modules folder. Check properties (right-click, properties-version) to get the real names.

The other possibility, which has occurred once before, is that you have an FSUIPC.DLL in the main FS folder too -- it seems that, these days, FS loads add-on DLLs from that folder too! (Ugh!)

All recent versions of FSUIPC detect the condition of two copies and one of them should close down in any case, though this may then lead to FS itself closing. However, you say:

Now, after about 45 minutes of use, FS2004 crashes.

so I don't think this is FSUIPC, as FS would certainly not last for 45 minutes otherwise. You may need to check your other add-ons.

Regards,

Pete

In view of what you said, I removed the only other add-on I have (apart from Radar Contact). This was a folder with PSS Dash8 and Airbus and everything worked fine.

It may just have been a coincedence so I might try putting them back and see what happens.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

David