The simFlight Network Forums

"Ready to Fly" Indicator

Hi Peter,

this is Rana.. we have spoken once before for my freeware FlightSim Manager key, which is coming out very nicely - within the next couple of version I will add support for FS2004 (currently it works only with FS2002).

Anyway, the reason for this thread - on my software (FSM), I have a fly now optionif FS is not running, then I can use the situation to load the flight.. when FS is running, I am using H3F04 and H3F00 to load the flight..

now the flag at H3F00 only loads the flight, if the user is already in flight mode.. but not on the initial screen.

So, I decided to read Ready to Fly indicator (well i am reading two bytes from H3364, and checking the 2nd byte (H3365) = 0 - when I implement fS2004, I will be using the first byte as well) - I assumed if this is 0, then I can continue loading the flight from H3F00, else inform the user that they need to load the flight file.

Problem: H3365 is returning 0 in the initial screen... am I missing something??

Thanks

Rana

Problem: H3365 is returning 0 in the initial screen... am I missing something??

I think this is why I was so pleased to find the indications which drive 3364 in FS2004. I couldn't find the equivalent in FS2002.

The 3365 values manage to copy with menus and dialogues brought up in normal flight modes. I don't currently know how to do it at all for the initial screen. It's an odd mode which doesn't fit. I'll take a look, but I may only be able to help you in FS2004. I'll get back to you on this.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete, will be waiting..

PS.. you are an early riser on a sunday.. its a nice and sunny day in Leeds.

Not sleeping well at present. Miss my better half who's in a hospital in Brum -- had a hip operation on Friday.

Sunny here too! Makes a change.

I've checked out what is happening in the main Flight menu (ESCape-End Flight). It is different from all the others in that when FS is there it is still sending me frame calls, so I am assuming you are out of it, back to flying. But then I find you aren't -- the 2^2 flag in 3365 is actually continually changing between being set and clear -- I can see it happening in FSInterrogate. This is the same in FS2002 and FS2004.

I've fixed it by delaying the clearing of the flag by 1 second after it is set. This ensures it remains set whilst in that dialogue and clears it one second after it terminates.

This will be in version 3.30, hopefully released at the end of the week if I manage to finish the documentation changes!

Regards,

Pete