The simFlight Network Forums

F16.gau question

This question was asked privately, but I am posting it and the answer here as I think it will interest others:

I find it's no problem to buy FSUIPC V3, but if I register are the different gauges and dll's as F16.gau then working because if I put now the code in the key file, from an unregistred download, I get still an error and the gauge is not working.

I cannot guarantee that other folk's gauges and DLLs work -- that is their responsibility. All purchasing FSUIPC does is (a) give you access to many useful facilities and (b) saves you having to register any add-ons for FSUIPC access, other than FSUIPC itself and WideFS if you use that.

As for the freeware F16.GAU key provided, it is correct and does work for some folks, as you will find from other messages here, but I believe it has a programming error in it which makes this problematic at times, depending what other things are loaded first.

Unfortunately, I am still awaiting a Log file from someone who reported this, and haven't seen it yet. If it is indeed the error I think it is, I will provide a work-around for it in FSUIPC 3.30, which may be out within a week or two.

If you want to wait for 3.30 and try it then, and you aren't interested in other FSUIPC facilities, then by all means do so.

Regards,

Pete

It may be similer to my problem involving the same gauge. Start up fs then try starting a create a flight with an aircraft not using the F16.gau. Then click modual and put in F16.gau and its key. Then start a create a flight with the aircraft using the F16.gau and it may work, it did for me :) .

It may be similer to my problem involving the same gauge. Start up fs then try starting a create a flight with an aircraft not using the F16.gau. Then click modual and put in F16.gau and its key. Then start a create a flight with the aircraft using the F16.gau and it may work, it did for me :) .

Once the Key has been entered once it is remembered in the KEY file. there's no need to reenter it each time you run FS or load an aircraft.

If you load an aircraft with an unregistered gauge, then register it, you should be okay if you then reload that aircraft -- but possibly, because of the way FS works, to restart the Gauge you may need to load a different aircraft in between to force FS to restart the gauge.

Regards,

Pete