The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc help

I purchased and registered fsuipc 3.30 about 2 mos. ago. After re-installing FS9 it doesn't seem to work. For example the stop cockpit moving and resizing, and prevent external controls.......

Could you please help..

Thank You

I purchased and registered fsuipc 3.30 about 2 mos. ago.

"mo" being a "moment", or a "month"? If a month, then it wouldn't have been version 3.30 back then -- but I'm glad to see you are keeping up to date.

After re-installing FS9 it doesn't seem to work.

When you re-installed did you delete or lose your FSUIPC INI and KEY files? If so you would need to re-register, and then re-establish all your option settings.

For example the stop cockpit moving and resizing, and prevent external controls.......

The cockpit moving option can only work if you switch off the Windows option to see windows whilst they are being dragged. I think this was defaulted off in Win98 but on in WinXP -- please check the FSUIPC user guide for full details.

On the other one, how are you detecting that the option to prevent programs changing some controls is not working? I think there are only a couple of programs which try to change some of the options in any case -- FSMeteo, being one of them. If you give me more details of what you are seeing I can advise better.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanx, for the reply. I purchased the product about 3 months ago, and yes I re-registered and am using my password to re-install FSUIPC, and according to the documentation I'm using version 3.30

FSUIPC: Application interfacing module for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communicationby Pete Dowson, © 5th July 2004

Support Forum: http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

Version 3.30 of FSUIPC.dll

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Where do I go to to switch off the windows option???

Thank You again.....

gto340

according to the documentation I'm using version 3.30

Don't check it there. Load up FS, get to the FSUIPC options (Modules menu, FSUIPC, or ALT M F) and see what it says on the first page.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Where do I go to to switch off the windows option???

In Windows Display properties. Please do refer to the FSUIPC User Guide. I explicitly tell you in the documentation for the "stop cockpit sizing .." option how to turn that off. I shouldn't need to copy bits of the documentation into messages like this. :(

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I forgot to menton that there is no fsuipc.ini file in my modules folder,

According to the docs it should be there.

It is generated when you first run FS with FSUIPC correctly installed. Three files are created, all in the FS Modules folder -- FSUIPC.KEY, FSUIPC.INI, and FSUIPC.LOG. (You would have been better off keeping these when reinstalling FS).

If those files are not being created, then FSUIPC is not running, which means it is not installed. To install FSUIPC copy the FSUIPC.DLL file into the FS Modules folder, as described in the User Guide.

Pete

I still don't see the fsuipc.ini file

I have the following files in my modules folder========

FSUIPC

Configuratiopn Settings

FSUIPC

Text Document

FSUIPC.dll

FSUIPC.key

Key File

Eryou are of course seeing the INI file -- you have Windows set in the mode where it hides the filenames from you and guesses the file functions. How do you think you have two file with the same name ("FSUIPC")? This is actually impossible!

"INI" and "CFG" files are both considered to be "configuration settings" files by Windows, and "LOG" files are considered to be text files.

Pete