The simFlight Network Forums

Eaglesoft DG's Citation X control variables

Hello Mr Dowson,

I wish you well on your healing process and fully agree with waiting for a response. Take your time.

My situation:

Eaglesoft DG created the Cessna Citation X. They had to create custom variables to make many of the systems work.

I asked them for a list of the variables they used. I was thinking, I could use that list to assign functions to my GoFlight modules, using FSUIPC.

My question:

Is it possible to add these variables to FSUIPC so I can control the currently uncontrollable functions? Assuming you can do this... do I need to supply you with the list of variables they used or will you contact them directly?

I hope I expressed myself satisfactorily.

Joe

Is it possible to add these variables to FSUIPC so I can control the currently uncontrollable functions?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "variables" in this context. Are you talking about values in FSUIPC offsets?

If so, there are already FSUIPC controls which you can assign to buttons or keys and which manipulate values in any addressable offsets.

Regards,

Pete

I didn't know what to call the "variables" at the time.

I'm trying to get a list of the control numbers from eaglesoft for their Citation X.

I've read through the "advanced" manual and if I understand correctly, if they had to use "control" numbers to get their dials and switches working, all I need is the list of numbers and what they're used for and I can manually enter the button assignments in the INI file. Correct?

If my conclusions are correct, then you may disregard my request about updating FSUIPC.

I'm trying to get a list of the control numbers from eaglesoft for their Citation X.

Most add-on panels don't use any control numbers whatsoever, they are just sensitive to mouse clicks in certain gauge zones. Really, that's all the Microsoft gauges SDK allows the programmers to do. They can process keypresses and FS-type controls as well, but it is extra programming which many don't do.

if they had to use "control" numbers to get their dials and switches working, all I need is the list of numbers and what they're used for and I can manually enter the button assignments in the INI file. Correct?

Only if they process FS controls -- all the ones that are allocated are already listed in FSUIPC (and in the FS Controls documents I publish). I suppose they might add their own extra ones, but I've not heard of anyone doing this.

Regards,

Pete