The simFlight Network Forums

Programming local weather with FSUIPC

Hi Pete, all,

sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it covered in the clarity my limited knowledge of English language requires.

:lol:

Can I - via the FSUIPC programming interface - set weather conditions for any part of the world (=for any weather station in FS), setting the weather conditions all at a time, independently from where my aircraft is placed and which weather station I have changed?

What I have in mind (to be more precise) is setting up weather (from an external program) for a certain part of the world (more or less like ActiveSky and the likes are doing it) but not doing it "on the fly". The weather should be set locally for certain weather stations all at once and when saving the flight in FS (2002 or 2004) I should get a .wx file including the weather for the entire area that I have set. Doing this with ActiveSky I only get proper weather settings of the area I'm currently in when saving the flight. The rest of the world remains CAVOK).

So - can I make these local settings world wide with the FSUIPC programming interface?

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Wolfgang

Can I - via the FSUIPC programming interface - set weather conditions for any part of the world (=for any weather station in FS), setting the weather conditions all at a time, independently from where my aircraft is placed and which weather station I have changed?

Yes, but only in FS2004, not before. You need the FSUIPC SDK, see the New Weather Interface documentation.

To set the whole world in this way would take a long time, as each station is set with an exchange of data -- i.e. you send the data, FSUIPC sets it whilst you wait for confirmation, and so on. If you just want to create weather to load up once and for all you might be better looking to create a .WX file directly and loading it by loading a flight.

Regards,

Pete