The simFlight Network Forums

no weather

I have recently installed FS2004 on a new computer. Now with the latest FSUIPC & FSmetar I am getrting no weather changes into FS. The metar is downloaded & the weather in fsmetar will be right but it does not get to FS2004. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Pat Callaghan

I have recently installed FS2004 on a new computer. Now with the latest FSUIPC & FSmetar I am getrting no weather changes into FS. The metar is downloaded & the weather in fsmetar will be right but it does not get to FS2004. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I have no idea. This is really a question for the FSMetar author I think. Is it connecting to FS okay? Check the FSUIPC Log file (in the FS Modules folder).

By the way, please always state version numbers when asking questions. Saying "latest FSUIPC" is rather meaningless I'm afraid. That should mean 3.30, but I've had folks refer to their 6 month old copy as "latest" simply because they had not actually seen a later one at the time.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Sorry about that. Well here is what I have done. I have re-installed FSUIPC.DLL with version 3.22. I had installed 3.30 on the new computer but never ran it on the old computer. As soon as I put 3.33 back in the weather worked fine. Works just like it always has before. I just replaced the DLL file. I left the INI file alone. Not sure what it is but I have my weather back. Have a great day.

Pat

I meant 3.30. It seems to be working OK with the 3.22 version.

The copy of FSMetar I have here works very well with 3.30. It is FSMetar version 1.53 and it is quite recent.

I think there was a problem with the earlier versions -- it wasn't obeying the handshake protocol for setting local weather stations correctly. That was fixed in 1.53. Without the fix it sometimes sets weather stations okay, sometimes not, and sometimes only global weather is set.

There's probably some small timing differences on your system between using 3.22 and 3.30 which shows this up, but I think it is quite likely that even with 3.22 on your system, FSMetar is not, in fact, setting all the weather it thinks it is doing. Check the FSUIPC LOG file with Weather Logging enabled -- you will probably find numbers of "Override" messages where subsequent weather station settings override previous ones.

Regards,

Pete