The simFlight Network Forums

FSBUS and Project Magenta

Hello Peter,

Maybe you can give me a help..

I have the Airbus ABGC of PM (PFD/ND) and i want to change for instance the ND from MAP to APP mode lets say the M key on the keyboard for MAP and the P key for PLAN mode. When i hit the keys on the keyboard it works fine... but now i want to do the same with the FSBUS so with a real hardware key or switch... I assum that it works like this.. normaly i would need the FCU of PM aswell to change the modes but than i need to use a mouse and when you build a cockpit you dont want any mouse anymore so FSBUS is one the alternetives... My idea is that the FSBUS send a offset to the FS2004/PM software and FSCUIP translate that to a action just like it looks you did hit the key on a keyboard.

My question is do i need also the FCU software of PM to make this happen (what by the way doesnt work i already tested that) or is a correct offset already enouch to fake the FCU and still tells in this case to the PM software to change the ND from MAP tp APP or something like that?

Just thought it would be a bit wierd to have PM FCU running as software while you also build it as hardware if you know what i mean.

The strange thing is now that i can use FSbus in a way that it send all kind of offsets to the FS2004 and they als work ok ( like activate heading or change value of altitude) but that is all direct to the FS2004. But on the moment it needs to do something towards the PM software it doesnt work.

Same question for the ECAM lower partin the docs of PM it say you can use the offset 5530 with different bite numbers connected to each screen (FUEL/ELEC/WHEEL ect.) I also cant get that to be activated.

I maybe miss something?

I guess the idea would work the same when ppl use a epic setup.

FM

http://www.planesonline.nl

PS. the delay problem with the PM is solvedit was a driver problem

My idea is that the FSBUS send a offset to the FS2004/PM software and FSCUIP translate that to a action just like it looks you did hit the key on a keyboard.

Sorry, I don't really understand that. Does FSBUS sends "offsets" (values?) to FS2004/PM? How does FSUIPC see these and what should it translate them into? This sounds a bit mixed up to me.

If you have a button then you can program a button press in FSUIPC to operate any of the documented PM controls -- just enable PM in the FSUIPC Buttons page and you will see a list in the dropdowns. All the PM ones start with "Pm". Some take parameters -- these are mostly listed in the Advanced Users guide for FSUIPC, but for a more complete set you normally need to refer to the FSUIPC Offsets documentation on the PM site.

If FSBUS writes to FSUIPC offsets directly, then you don't need to program anything in FSUIPC. Just look up the offsets for PM in the PM offsets documentation, from the PM site.

My question is do i need also the FCU software of PM to make this happen (what by the way doesnt work i already tested that) or is a correct offset already enouch to fake the FCU and still tells in this case to the PM software to change the ND from MAP tp APP or something like that?

I don't really know. Most of the bit-twiddling controls always had to have the MCP.EXE part of PM running for the Boeing things to work. Whether the more general GC controls by parameter (via offset 04F4) used to need the MCP I don't know, but Enrico said he was making it all independent in any case. I think he did this for the Boeing suite some time ago, but I cannot attest to that. Amd for the Airbus stuff I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

In the end, if you cannot work these things out by experiment, I'm afraid you need to talk to the PM folks.

Just thought it would be a bit wierd to have PM FCU running as software while you also build it as hardware if you know what i mean.

Erno. At least, in the case of the Boeing suite, if you have no MCP part of PM running then you have no PM autopilot. All the automatic flight control code is in the MCP module. The graphic front end with the knobs on it is only the control panel -- I don't have that displayed, it is minimised. I use the Aerosoft hardware MCP.

Isn't this similar for the Airbus series? Surely the FCU isn't merely a control panel, doesn't it contain the clever bits too? If not, where are they? They certainly aren't in the CDU or GC.

The strange thing is now that i can use FSbus in a way that it send all kind of offsets to the FS2004

Do you mean to FSUIPC, or does FSBus use its own interface inside FS2004?

the delay problem with the PM is solvedit was a driver problem

Sorry, which delay was that? Another thread? And which driver, please?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I assum that i just need to use that FCU than... i already did try that but it didnt work yet so will try to see it one more time again. Just thought that i didnt needed it because of the FSbus..

How it excatly works i also dont know but have a small look at a part of there ini file and you will see also the offset in it.

1, "MCP_FCU_Throughpass", 98,0, 0x04F2, I16,0,RW ,10,1,1,

1, "NDModes", 99,0, 0x04f4, I16,0,W, 10,1,1,

1, "NavaidsMAPCaptain", 204,0, 0x04F6, I16,,R, 10,1,1,

2, "VOR", 205, 0, 0, BIT,0, R,10,1,1,

2, "NDB", 206, 0, 0, BIT,1, R,10,1,1,

2, "ARP", 207, 0, 0, BIT,2, R,10,1,1,

2, "WPT", 208, 0, 0, BIT,3, R,10,1,1,

2, "PlanData", 209, 0, 0, BIT,4, R,10,1,1,

2, "VOR1NeedleActive",210, 0, 0, BIT,5, R,10,1,1,

2, "VOR2NeedleActive",211, 0, 0, BIT,6, R,10,1,1,

2, "AirbusLSMode", 212, 0, 0, BIT,10, R,10,1,1,

2, "AirbusTRK_FPA", 213, 0, 0, BIT,11, R,10,1,1,

2, "AirbusEXPED", 214, 0, 0, BIT,12, R,10,1,1,

This say prob more to you than to me....

Will do some tests again and also ask arround by fsbus/pm boys...

Thanks Pete

Yes the delay part was a other threat and i did update the drivers of the videocart (Nvda) and the network (3com) and everything was solved.

FM

http://www.planesonline.nl

How it excatly works i also dont know but have a small look at a part of there ini file and you will see also the offset in it.

Well, certainly the 03F2, 04F4 and 04F6 offsets are FSUIPC offsets used by PM, so I assume FSBuus talks to FSUIPC for these, but I don't know what the others do -- they all seem to have 0 for an offset.

This say prob more to you than to me....

Not really. it is obviously specific to the FSBus system.

Yes the delay part was a other threat and i did update the drivers of the videocart (Nvda) and the network (3com) and everything was solved.

Good. But wasn't drivers one of the first thing suggested? What about that business of closing some SVCHOST processes? Wasn't that your earlier solution?

Regards,

Pete