The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC ver 3.30

Hi,

I currently have a registered version of FSUIPC 3.22. I downloaded the upgrade and unzipped the folder so all the files show. I assume I have to move FSUIPC.dll(3.22) out of the modules folder in fs9 and replace it with FSUIPC.dll(3.3). I read in the user guide that it's also best to move the FSUIPC.ini file. Do I have to reregister the program or can I use my current key to register FSUIPC 3.3? Thank you.

Tom Capraro(USA)

flightplan@aol.com

I assume I have to move FSUIPC.dll(3.22) out of the modules folder in fs9 and replace it with FSUIPC.dll(3.3).

Well, only if you want to keep the old copy for some reason. If you simply copy in the newer DLL it will replace the previous one -- Windows folders can only contain one file with the same name. you may get a prompt asking if you want to replace it -- you simply confirm.

I read in the user guide that it's also best to move the FSUIPC.ini file.

Do you? I think you misread it. Here's the relevant text:

If you already use FSUIPC and haven’t updated it for a long time (and I mean many months) you should probably remove your existing FSUIPC.INI file, found in that same folder, before running FS. This isn’t usually necessary (and it isn’t necessary now), but a number of entries in the older INI file are no longer relevant to FSUIPC and may lead to confusion later.

See "for many months"? There cannot have been many months passed in this case.

Do I have to reregister the program or can I use my current key to register FSUIPC 3.3?

You merely copy the new DLL in, it replaces the previous one, everything else stays the same. You only need to re-register if you reinstall Windows or move to another PC.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

Pete, I want to thank you for all the help regarding FSUIPC 3.3.

I think I'm finally beginning to get the idea of how FSUIPC interreacts with other programs - especially fs9. I worked with the CH yoke and watched how the numbers were refelecting the yoke's movements. The folks at Eaglesoft said that any FSUIPC settings regarding the mixture control would not conflict with the Citation's "mixture full forward" setting.

I hope you are feeling OK.

Tom Capraro

flightplan@aol.com

I hope you are feeling OK.

Thank you. The eyes are still giving me some problems. I cannot work with the PC for long periods. But they are improving slowly, and it's only just over a week since the left one was operated upon, so I am confident all will be well in a week or two.

Regards,

Pete