The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft systems failures?

Hi,

I am running an unregistered version of your FSUIPC that was installed with another programme. I am having great trouble with "random failures" occouring to my aircraft, the new freeware Hunter in particular, whatever I set the screen to in MSFS 2004.

I seem to remember that "failures" were featured in your earlier version of this software, I wonder is it possible that your module (hidden to me) is overriding the defaults. I have found no way of disabling the failures, this was possible in FS2004.

I seem to remember that "failures" were featured in your earlier version of this software

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. Can you explain? Certainly, all versions of FSUIPC, and FS6IPC and FS5IPC before it, going back about 10 years, have provided access for applications to induce failures, it is simply part of the interface it provides to FS.

I wonder is it possible that your module (hidden to me)

What do you mean "hidden"? It is simply a module installed in the FS Modules folder. Go take a look, in explorer. You'll see it! It is not hidden.

Also, if it is installed there will be an FS Menu item for it -- Modules - FSUIPC. Check that. If it isn't version 3.30 then it is out of date. Download a new version from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

... is overriding the defaults. I have found no way of disabling the failures, this was possible in FS2004.

You misunderstand. FSUIPC does nothing unless told to by an application or add-in DLL or Gauge. This is especially true if you have not registered it. It is then simply a passive interface for other programs and add-ons to use.

Regards,

Pete