The simFlight Network Forums

Source code

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I guess my next question is, do you know how I can get into the source code? You see I believe the stutter in the Flight Video option in FS2004 is due to the recording interval which ranges from 5-1/4 seconds. If I could reduce the interval at which FS2004 records to 1/60 then I believe the Flight Video would be adequate. Can you help? Thanks again.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Speedy reply to what? This is a reply to the first message in this thread, entitled just "Source code".

Please try to keep in thread as it is otherwise very difficult to have a proper interaction. I answer almost all the messages here

do you know how I can get into the source code?

Source code of what? If you are talking about any of my programs, or Flight Simulator, you won't get source code. Sorry.

You see I believe the stutter in the Flight Video option in FS2004 is due to the recording interval which ranges from 5-1/4 seconds. If I could reduce the interval at which FS2004 records to 1/60 then I believe the Flight Video would be adequate. Can you help?

Sorry, I've no idea how that operates.

In any case, I run FS2004 on a 3.2GHz P4 with a Parhelia video card driving three monitors, and I could never possible get 60 fps in the first place, yet alone save every frame along the way. I think you will need to set more realistic targets. I fly at 18-25 fps most of the time, a bit less near heavily detailed airports. Surely that sort of frame rate is more sensible for video recording?

I have no idea what you want to use this video for, but why not just fly FS normally and either film the screen, or better capture the video output? Most video cards today do have video (composite or S-video) output after all.

If you want a sort of flight black-box recording, to play back in FS, then you could write a program to dump out crucial information from FS (LLAPBH -- lat,long, alt, pitch, bank, heading) at frame-rate type intervals, then write this back to FS afterwards at the same intervals. In other words, your own digital FS video. This may actually have been done by others already, so you could ask around. If you want to look at the sort of information you can read, check the Programmer's Guide in the FSUIPC SDK (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson).

Regards,

Pete