The simFlight Network Forums

Fetching flightplan data

Is there any way (offsets) to fetch flightplan data such as the origin & destination airport codes?

I've never found one. I did find some route data which is used in the GPS -- see offsets 6000 onwards. You do get the last waypoint ID and the next.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of stuck waiting for an application access code before I can do any real digging. Did you get my email a couple of days ago (from jspringe). I know you have been a bit busy lately with the eye problems and all.

Thanks,

Jason

Did you get my email a couple of days ago (from jspringe). I know you have been a bit busy lately with the eye problems and all.

Even with my eye problems, I've been dealing with all mail within the same day. I'm just not doing much programming at present -- takes too many prolonged hours at the PC.

I just found a message from a "Jason Springer" -- I take it that's you? It arrived at 0129 BST on the 27th and I replied to it replied to that at 1601 BST on the same day. The question was:

Could I possibly get a program access key to use to develop this module?

and I replied:

Yes. Read the Access Registration document in the SDK. I will need at least the module name. The document tells you how to gain automatic access.

You should have received that by now, surely? All I did was click the "Reply" button as usual, so it would have gone back to whatever email address you used - a Yahoo one by the look of it. It hasn't bounced back here.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Thank you so much for being patient with Yahoo's ridiculous spam filtering. I can only assume that your reply went into the bulk mail folder and was emptied without being seen. I never saw the reply.

I am left still trying to decide whether this will be an internal DLL module or an external EXE app. I'm testing right now with a .NET C# app. I prefer the app approach but I want the app to launch automatically when FS9 is started (or even better when a new flight is created). I'm not sure that can be done from an app.

Will it make a difference as far as app key request which way I go?

Thanks,

Jason

Will it make a difference as far as app key request which way I go?

Yes, as you will see when you read the Access Registration document.

However, I didn't realise you hadn't even started yet. You can certainly delay the access key part until much later. You do not need a Key to test your program with a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete