The simFlight Network Forums

Squawkbox problem

Hello Pete,

Yesterday I wiped my drive clean, and today when I was setting up VATSIM again, I encountered problems with FSUIPC...

At first I couldnt register it with SB, then I found your forum and saw you now have to put "2.3" afterwards...so I did that, put in the code and got the 'congrats' message...

After re-starting FS, I booted up SB eager to fly when I got another error message saying it's not registered, check "FSUIPC.log" for details..

EDIT: Heres what it says in the FSUIPC.log...

389000 Client Application: "squawkbox" (Id=2356)

389031 C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\squawkbox.exe

389031 Product="SquawkBox 2.3"

389031 Company="None"

389063 Illegal read attempt: offset 0354, size 2

389063Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

393406 ### IPC Message processed in 4468mSecs ###

456875 System time = 16:13:30, FS2004 time = 12:38:23 (11:38Z)

456875 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

I dont know what is going wrong, have you any ideas?

Kind Regards :)

Daryl

I found your forum and saw you now have to put "2.3" afterwards...so I did that

"Found" my forum? It is referred to on the first page of the FSUIPC User Guide, on the main options screen in FS, on the Schiratti download page, and many other areas.

What do you mean "put "2.3" afterwards? Where do you do that? I think you misunderstand something. As you will see from the Freeware Keys list:

SquawkBox.exe

Product: "SquawkBox 2.3", Company: "None"

KEY = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

The program name is "Squawkbox". That's all that is needed entering, plus the Key of course. The Product and Company names are there so you can check the Version Information in the program -- right click on Squawkbox in Explorer, select Properties-version.

389000 Client Application: "squawkbox" (Id=2356)

389031 C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\squawkbox.exe

389031 Product="SquawkBox 2.3"

389031 Company="None"

389063 Illegal read attempt: offset 0354, size 2

389063Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I'm not surprised you get this if you entered the program name wrong -- you can see it there -- Client Application: "squawkbox". The name is "squawkbox"!!

Nothing's changed in this, it's always been that way. You are getting yourself mixed up for some strange reason.

Regards,

Pete

Right - I tried that again and it worked...:oops:

However, whilst trying to register earlier under Squawkbox it said it was an invalid key (though I used the same one) then when I put 2.3 it worked!

Thank You for your help nevertheless.

Regards,:)

D.

However, whilst trying to register earlier under Squawkbox it said it was an invalid key (though I used the same one) then when I put 2.3 it worked!

No, it can'twhat was more likely is that the key really was invalid. It is easy to mix up 1's and I's, O's and 0's, and I've even known folks to mix up 2's and Z's. Best to cut-and-paste to avoid these mishaps.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted eventually.

Regards,

Pete