The simFlight Network Forums

pmSounds

Pete,

In CJK's (150245) post about Seatbelt signs, you mentioned pmSounds. You're correct, it's still freeware. But there is no user documentation for it.

I have sent an e-mail to ProjectMagenta, but I'm still waiting for a reply. They must be busy.

Do you happen to know of any docs I can get to learn how to work this?

If not, just reply with a sad face, I know you're a busy man.

Hope your eyes coming along okay!

Thanks,

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

It adds cockpit sound and verbal notices to your flight. More so with the big aircraft than say the cessna. It does work. No setup or instructions needed. It's pretty cool. You can even replace the sounds with your own. So when I'm reaching my designated altitude and I get that "one to go" ping, It also says "one to go" in my own voice.

Ok. Sounds VERY good!!! BUT!! I have it running, there are no sounds. I accessed it while FS9 was running, and on the pmsounds window there was a message: Not connected to FS'.

I do have FSUIPC installed. Not the paid version. Does this matter? Why does it not work?

When FS9 is loading, some of the pmsounds are heard.

I do have FSUIPC installed. Not the paid version. Does this matter? Why does it not work?

Have you entered the freeware key to register it with FSUIPC. I don't think it does this automatically, because most of the PM modules are really designed to operate on other PCs via WideFS.

Check the FSUIPC log, see what it says. And make sure you are using FSUIPC version 3.30 (or later).

Regards,

Pete

Mr. Dowson.

Thank you for your attention. I am getting quite frusterated. I ask questions and all that answer me seem to believe I am clued in.

I have the latest .dll v:3.3 from Jul 04. When I start FS9, an error comes from the FSUIPC stating that 'non accredited.....,' I start FS9 anyway. There is no indication that pmsound is working. I switch windows to the pmsound window. There is not the message stating that 'fs is connected'.

When I had the outdated .dll, at least the pmsound window would show- fs not connected.

What do I need to do to get it going?

What is it?!?! How do I know it is running? What are the indications? What aircraft does it work with?

The way I test GPWS is by slewing the aircraft up and down to provoke the warning calls.

Regards.

I have the latest .dll v:3.3 from Jul 04. When I start FS9, an error comes from the FSUIPC stating that 'non accredited.....,'

What do I need to do to get it going?

You either need to pay for FSUIPC so that all programs are automatically registered, or specifically register pmSounds in FSUIPC using the appropriate Freeware Key listed in the Freeware Keys list provided near the top of this forum. I thought I said this already?

What is it?!?! How do I know it is running? What are the indications? What aircraft does it work with?

All questions about the PM programs themselves need to go to PM, sorry. It is not my program.

Regards,

Pete

You did 'said that before'. Only, I read it and had no idea what you were talking about. I spent hours reading through various 'stuff' to find out what all the references meant regarding registration, keys, FSUIPC and and,,,. Until yesterday, I did not even know what FSUIPC was!!!!! All I wanted was the airplane to say 'Whoop!, whoop! Pull up! as well as other realistic sounds. I did not know that it entailed such various tasks,,,. This incredibaly vast world of addons is FANTASTIC!!! I am learning.

Now I have pmsounds installed, working with the discreet authorization key.

You did 'said that before'. Only, I read it and had no idea what you were talking about. I spent hours reading through various 'stuff' to find out what all the references meant regarding registration, keys, FSUIPC and and,,,. Until yesterday, I did not even know what FSUIPC was!!!!!

Right, sorry. I do try to explain most of these things in the FSUIPC documentation, which is surely the proper place (compared to here, that is). However, program registration, manually, as you have been forced to do, is not really something thati I was expecting to have to explain so much -- it is really the job of the program author. He could easily build in the key for it all to work automatically. If not, at least it should be explained in the documentation.

I fear that in this case the program really was intended to be part of a complete suite, all of which is intended to work with a fully paid-for installation of FSUIPC and WideFS. Really, if you have any complaints at all about this procedure, they should be addressed to the source of the program you are using, not to the author of the interface it uses.

All I wanted was the airplane to say 'Whoop!, whoop! Pull up! as well as other realistic sounds. I did not know that it entailed such various tasks

There are quite a few add-on aircraft and panels which have such sounds (GPWS for exapmle) built in. I don't think they are all pay ware.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks to people like you, Mr. Dowson We all have a realistic experience that is hard to beat!!!!! I can't help but DUCK and shiver when the Aural alarms go off in the cockpit!!! THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!

You are right about the,,, well, you see, bits are offered as advertised as FREEWARE, wether or not it should be payware etc., is not the point. Advertising it as Freeware and then laying a road for consumers to persue it in this manner,,,ANYWAY!!! I love it and do not have a problem with paying for such a wonderful utility. BUT! The process is confusing with so many being involved with a units offering.

I TRIED to find a panel that allready had GPWS!!! I killed myself for days searching websites and such!!!

Crying over. THANK YOU for all these wonderful things. I can't wait to read through the FSUIPC stuff and learn more as to how I can add MORE realism to this GREAT program!!!

• 4 months later...

Mr. Dowson,

I had to reinstall everything after a bad virus problem. All is on a new hard drive. I cannot get pmsounds to go. I have the latest fsuipc and the key. When I enter the key it states entered correctly. When I start fs9 it doesn't work. It continuously states 'an unecredited program...'

What am I missing?

Long time no see. How have you been?

I have the latest fsuipc and the key. When I enter the key it states entered correctly.

Are you talking about entering the details after pressing "Register an application program"? If not you are pressing the wrong button.

If you are entering the correct data, then I need to see the part of the FSUIPC Log file which shows the details of the unaccredited access.

Pete

Hello Pete.

Yes. I am entering the key into the reg an application... When I do this, it states- thank you for entering... now you must restart the program or,,, enter something. Anyway, When I do this, it still does not work.

Are you checking that you enter both the program name (without the .exe) and the Key, all exactly as listed? Check that your 1's are 1's, I's are I's, O's are O's and 0's are 0's -- those are the most common mis-entries.

Where is the fsuipc log?

In the FS Modules folder, with FSUIPC.DLL, FSUIPC.INI and FSUIPC.KEY. That's the sum total of everything FSUIPC is and does.

Regards,

Pete

Ok then Here it is. By the way. I attempted to use FSUIPC 3.3 as well as 3.4 and the same result.

The other things work ok. Such as the tcas and the s-combo that I use with RFP.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.400 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

11359 System time = 19:57:10

11359 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

11359 System time = 19:57:10, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

19047 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

19156 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

19484 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

36328 C:\Documents and Settings\Elkin Allen Kleg\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Previous flight.flt

36719 AIRCRAFT\VMAX LH Cargo\Vmax_Classic_2.air

37047 Aircraft="Vmax 747-200 VMAX LUFTHANSA FREIGHTER"

37563 Module identified = "ILH_TCAS.GAU"

37641 Module identified = "RT742_Tapes.GAU"

37641 Module "RT742_Tapes.gau" access registration is okay

37984 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

48406 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

72734 Traffic File #14 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

297313 AIRCRAFT\VMAX LH\Vmax_Classic_2.air

297656 Aircraft="Vmax 747-200 VMAX LUFTHANSA"

298328 Module identified = "ILH_TCAS.GAU"

298328 Module "ILH_TCAS.gau" access registration is okay

298328 Module "RT742_Tapes.gau" access registration is okay

803313 Module "ILH_TCAS.gau" access registration is okay

803313 Module "RT742_Tapes.gau" access registration is okay

3937609 Client Application: "pmSounds" (Id=620)

3937641 C:\pmSounds\pmSounds.exe

3937641 Product="pmSounds"

3937641 Company="Enrico Schiratti"

3937766 Illegal read attempt: offset 0020, size 4

3937766Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

3957359 ### IPC Message processed in 19937mSecs ###

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

4048375 System time = 21:04:27, FS2004 time = 10:53:58 (17:53Z)

4048375 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 429 Allocs, 5729 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

Ok then Here it is.

Sorry, the current version of FSUIPC is 3.44. I cannot support 3.40 so long after its release (4 months ago now). The log is not useful at all.

You said you were using the "latest" version, but it is actually four versions out of date!! Try with 3.44, then show me the log, or wait for 3.45 which I am releasing probably tomorrow.

Please always check the list of supported versions near the top of this forum before submitting queries.

In general folks should ALWAYS state version numbers. Evidently saying "latest version" is meaningless. :(

Regards,

Pete

Thank you Pete. I did it. Here is the log. The program seems to allow me to register it as an application program. After entering the # feim 47xb po5g a window comes up that states- Thank you for registering...' Now you need to restart the program or add in just registered so that it can gain access to FSUIPC.

Then the button 'confirm' on the window is highlighted.

Ver: 3.45 22 Jan 05

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

10859 System time = 14:23:32

10859 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

10875 System time = 14:23:32, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

19812 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

20203 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

20547 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

31609 Client Application: "pmSounds" (Id=1648)

31609 C:\pmSounds\pmSounds.exe

31609 Product="pmSounds"

31609 Company="Enrico Schiratti"

31609 Illegal read attempt: offset 0020, size 4 [P1648]

31609Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

34390 ### IPC Message processed in 2796mSecs ###

36469 C:\Documents and Settings\Elkin Allen Kleg\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Previous flight.flt

36890 AIRCRAFT\VMAX LH Cargo\Vmax_Classic_2.air

37219 Aircraft="Vmax 747-200 VMAX LUFTHANSA FREIGHTER"

38515 Module [M1] identified = "ILH_TCAS.GAU"

38937 Module [M2] identified = "RT742_Tapes.GAU"

38937 Module [M2] "RT742_Tapes.gau" access registration is okay

41672 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

42656 Illegal read attempt: offset 0020, size 4 [P1648]

42656Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

53187 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

78750 Traffic File #14 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

105078 Module [M1] "ILH_TCAS.gau" access registration is okay

105078 Module [M2] "RT742_Tapes.gau" access registration is okay

218922 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

1658375 System time = 14:51:00, FS2004 time = 15:45:40 (23:45Z)

1658390 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 7508 Allocs, 8765 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

The program seems to allow me to register it as an application program. After entering the # feim 47xb po5g a window comes up that states- Thank you for registering...'

Well, you need to tell me what you enter into the program name field too. It should be just pmSounds.

Anyway, the key you are entering is wrong. If you cannot distinguish between 1s and l's or 0's and 0's then you should cut and paste instead. The correct key for pmSounds is as listed in the FreeWare keys list above. i.e.

FE1M 47XB P05G

The third character is a 1 (one) not a letter i, and the 10th is a 0 (zero) not a letter o. Two errors in 12 characters is pretty good going for error density isn't it? :wink:

Regards,

Pete

Thanks anyway. I'll leave you be for today.

"Thanks anyway", what? Why? :? :shock: Are you implying you are entering the correct program name and key? The key you just showed me was certainly not correct.

Can we talk straight on this at all? If you don't know what you are typing, just show me the FSUIPC.KEY file -- the details are saved there in simple text format.

Regards,

Pete

No Pete, you are fine. It is me that is the complete idiot. I did not mean to imply that,,, anyway. I am the ONE that gets the doubledumbass award for the week.

I think that you are laughing your hiny off. Oh well, if you have any time to waste, I filled your appointment book.

If you are interisted (I am certain that you have heard them all) , but I will tell you where I went south. When I first entered the key (Wrong) I entered the incorrect i, BUT I entered the 0 correctly. The registration window stated that the key was invalid. So I changed the 0 to an o. 'it' then accepted the key even with the incorrect o. But pmsounds would not work. I just assumed there was more to it. All that was wrong was the 'i' should be a '1'.

I was so wound up that I was not seeing the error.

What a ride!

Thank you for your patience Pete. All is good now.

Keep the dirty side down 'ol buddy. :D

Jeff.