The simFlight Network Forums

Realism, Crash Detection, and Stress Damage

Can anyone help with this one...

I want to be able to detect the user's currect realism settings. In particular, Realism Setting (0x0C44), Crash Detection Enabled (0x0848), and Stress Damage Enabled (0x0338).

All of these offsets are returning 0 regardless of the FS9 setting.

Is there any way to fetsh the realism settings?

Thanks,

Jason

I want to be able to detect the user's currect realism settings. In particular, Realism Setting (0x0C44), Crash Detection Enabled (0x0848), and Stress Damage Enabled (0x0338).

All of these offsets are returning 0 regardless of the FS9 setting.

Is there any way to fetsh the realism settings?

I haven't found one yet. Those were things someone found in FS98 and which were still more or less in place in FS2000, but I have no idea what happened to them. Sorry.

They do all have "NO" clearly annotated in the FS2002 column, and in one case the FS2004 column also, in the Programmer's Guide. Now that you have determined that they certainly still don't apply in FS2004 I will mark them so. Thanks.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

So I have found the answer to this one. These values are stored in the FS9.cfg file ("\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.cfg")

I've also come up with a solution to my earlier question about how to get the current flightplan data. If you recall, the problem was that the flightplan data is only saved to the .FLT file if you create a flight. It is not saved to the .FLT file if you change the flightplan after starting a flight. The solution is quite easy (and I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier), just force the flight to save (FSUIPC offsets 0x3F00 and 0x3F04) using a safe temporary file name, and then go read that file. Simple.

Hope this helps someone :)

Jason