The simFlight Network Forums

Help needed with Fsuipc and WideFS

i have insalled both programs and I get them to connect on the other pc that is the one without fs2004 installed on. When i connect all I get is a grey screen on the other pc while fs I running on the main machine and it tells me that they are connected. I have read through the docs but must admit I don't fully understand what to do. My main thing I am trying to get working is while flying on the main machine is to have fsnavigator running on the 2 machine or any other map program. Can anyone please help and if possible give me the settings I must try.

Regards

i have insalled both programs and I get them to connect on the other pc that is the one without fs2004 installed on. When i connect all I get is a grey screen on the other pc while fs I running on the main machine and it tells me that they are connected.

Normally you'd set that 'grey screen' to be minimised, or at least only showing the title bar so you can see the status.

WideClient, which is what that screen represents, is the substitute for FS on that Client PC. It is providing the FSUIPC interface for your FSUIPC applications to interface to. All you need to do is, instead of running the applications on the FS PC, run them on the Client. That is what WideFS is for, as it says in the documentation.

I have read through the docs but must admit I don't fully understand what to do. My main thing I am trying to get working is while flying on the main machine is to have fsnavigator running on the 2 machine or any other map program.

Oh dear. You cannot run FSNavigator that way. It is NOT an FSUIPC application -- it doesn't use FSUIPC at all. Not only that, it isn't even a separate program, it is an FS DLL. It can only be run in FS.

It is because of early misunderstandings like this that I added the big boxed IMPORTANT NOTE near the beginning:

This is NOT a program for linking several copies of Flight Simulator, nor will it allow scenery or cockpit views on multiple PCs. It is purely for running EXTERNAL applications on a separate PC whilst still communicating with FS as if on the same PC. For such applications to work through WideFS they need to access Flight Simulator through the interface provided and defined by FSUIPC (or originally, for FS98 programs, FS6IPC).

If you want to run a map program, find one which is actually a program, and which interfaces to FSUIPC. Then just run it on the Client PC.

Can anyone please help and if possible give me the settings I must try.

There are no settings to try. You have it working. Now just run the applications you want to run.

Regards,

Pete