The simFlight Network Forums

Request fpre new keypresses

Hi Pete:

Could you please add the following keypresses:

Open/Close Cabin Door (normally Shift+E)

Open/Close Cargo Door (normally (Shift+E+2)

The latter is particularly important because, with Radar Contact active Shift+E+2 dows not work, since "2" is an RC control key.

Thanks,

Sandy

Could you please add the following keypresses:

Open/Close Cabin Door (normally Shift+E)

Open/Close Cargo Door (normally (Shift+E+2)

The latter is particularly important because, with Radar Contact active Shift+E+2 dows not work, since "2" is an RC control key.

Sorry, you are seriously misunderstanding something here. FSUIPC does not "add keypresses". It provides a way of programming them from buttons, though mostly you are better off using the FS controls directly where possible..

The Shift+E combination will be re-programmable in FS -- use Options-Controls-Assignments, scroll down to find "Select Exit", and select something different. Most FS keyboard commands can be re-assigned there.

Actually, of course, the RC commands can be reassigned, which is by far your best option. You will need to select something other than the plain 1-9 keys. I use Ctrl+Shift+ number instead.

There is no way to re-assign the door selection key (your "2"). Like the Engine selection and Push back direction selection, it seems the way FS is programmed for these is to enter a mode where the program is looking for those keys being pressed (before any other control arrives) then actioning it based on the keycode, not on any re-assignment. I don't think there's any way at all around that.

Regards,

Pete

HI Pete:

Thanks for your reply. I learned a lot from it.

I guess I wasn't to clear about my request. I must have given the impression that I was referring to button assignments. I was mistaken in this.

What I really meant to say was that I would like to see the Cabin and Cargo Door Open/Close commands added to the list of keyboard controls available in the FSUIPC Keys tab.

I hope that this clarifies the matter.

Best Regards,

Sandy

What I really meant to say was that I would like to see the Cabin and Cargo Door Open/Close commands added to the list of keyboard controls available in the FSUIPC Keys tab.

I'm afraid you still misunderstand! :(

FSUIPC does not list any keyboard controls. In both the Keys and Buttons tabs you can find a drop-down list of FS controls, plus some additions by FSUIPC for things like Project Magenta and a few otherwise inaccessible operations.

The only control which FS provides for the doors is the one I mentioned already to you, which is listed in FS's own Options-Controls-Assignments, as I said, so you can certainly reprogram it there. It does feature in the FSUIPC drop-down as well, as "Toggle aircraft exit" I think. There is really no advantage in using one method over the other.

There really is nothing else which can be done. As I thought I carefully explained, the actual selection of the particular exit after using the control is done by the 1, 2, 3... keys, just as it is with the Engine selection and the Pushback direction selection. This is hard-coded into FS.

I hope that this clarifies the matter.

Well, likewise, I hope that if you now re-read my last reply and the above repeated explanation it will be clearer to you. :wink:

Regards,

Pete

Appears like that's the way to go. I'm using John Hndec's MiniCP, so it should be easy to set up buttons for those RC key combinations, thereby leaving the real keyboard numeric keys available for pure numeric inputs.

Thanks, Pete and jd

Best regards,

Sandy