The simFlight Network Forums

Writing 17xx.x freq to ADF

Hi Pete,

I read in a earlier thread, that there whas a bug in FS2004 where we can't write any value above 1700.0 that will "stick".

I'm writing a application for my external radio stack and I get exactly that bug, any frequency above 1700.0 I write with FSUIPC is showing with FSUIPC but not on the panel and then FSUIPC reads the panel value resetting the original value before the change.

Is there was some development in that bug, did you found a workaround or I just have to loop at 1600.0 and not support higher frequency??

Thanks

I read in a earlier thread, that there whas a bug in FS2004 where we can't write any value above 1700.0 that will "stick".

I'm writing a application for my external radio stack and I get exactly that bug, any frequency above 1700.0 I write with FSUIPC is showing with FSUIPC but not on the panel and then FSUIPC reads the panel value resetting the original value before the change.

I don't remember the details in that thread. Was there any conclusion? Was this before I added support for ADF2.

The limitation in the range of the ADF controls I am using dates back to FS98 and before. All the way through to and, I think, including FS2002, FS had an upper limit of 1699.9 on the frequency. Whilst that limit does seem to have been removed in FS2004, the current versions of FSUIPC are still using the controls available to me in the older versions, and those still seem to have the lower limit.

It looks like, according to brief experiments I've just conducted here, if I use the same method as I now use for ADF2 I should be able to correct this.

Look for the fix in the next version of FSUIPC, if I can do it. Let me know if you need an advanced interim copy for tests.

Regards,

Pete

Look for the fix in the next version of FSUIPC, if I can do it. Let me know if you need an advanced interim copy for tests.

Okay, I can do it, and have done it. For FS2004 only I can set the entire range from 100.0 to 1799.9. 'twill be in the next FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete