The simFlight Network Forums

Adding Rudder trim

I'm trying to add rudder trim from a throttle quadrant I made using a Plasma card. The axis comes up as Z rotation when I calibrate the joystick. I tried to follow the directions in the Adv. Users guide but it didn't work. I can't find the FS CFG file or the FSUIPC.INI file. In the modules folder I have FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC config settings. Everything else on my quadrant works including reverse. I had the rudder trim working but I had to reload windows and now I can't remember how I made it work.

Can you give me some more information?

Thanks

John Blegen

I'm trying to add rudder trim from a throttle quadrant I made using a Plasma card. The axis comes up as Z rotation when I calibrate the joystick. I tried to follow the directions in the Adv. Users guide but it didn't work. I can't find the FS CFG file or the FSUIPC.INI file. In the modules folder I have FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC config settings.

If you are not seeing the FSUIPC.INI file as an INI file but as a "config settings" it is because you have Windows set to HIDE filenames from you! However, "config settings" = INI or CFG!!!

Unless you are using FS2000 you don't need to access the FS CFG file.

You need first to see your trim axis assigned to any other axis, one you are not otherwise using, in the FS Controls - Assignments dialogue.

Once it is seen there, you just need to edit FSUIPC.INI to tell FSUIPC what axis you have assigned it on. Unfortunately FSUIPC only understands the numbers by which the axes are known inside FS -- download the List of FS2004 controls from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and find the axis there. It will probably be one of the AXIS _xxxx_SET controls. You need the numeric equivalent.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...