The simFlight Network Forums

Courseplanner and WideFS

This one is for Peter or anyone that can help. Is there anyway I can get courseplanner to work with WideFS I have been batteling but cannot seem to get it working the only one that works is Quickmap but staying in South Africa I can afford to buy it. Any help will be appreciated

Regards

This one is for Peter or anyone that can help. Is there anyway I can get courseplanner to work with WideFS

Sorry, what is "courseplanner"?

What exactly do you want to work with WideFS? I use Jeppesen FliteMap but I send the resulting plan to Project Magenta and Radar Contact. What sort of on-line link to FS do you need? Can you explain?

I have been batteling but cannot seem to get it working the only one that works is Quickmap

Is QuickMap a course planner? I thought it was a moving map. If all you want is a moving map then almost any mapping software which accepts NMEA input on aa serial port, as if from a GPS, with work with my freeware GPSout installed in FS.

Alternatively there is NAV3 by Ted Wright, which is more specifically intended for FS -- it is something like FSNav, but a separate (and free) program, and it will run under WideFS. I don't have a link these days I'm afraid, I've not used it for some time. But a search should find it easily enough.

Regards,

Pete

All I want is a moving map

I said:

If all you want is a moving map then almost any mapping software which accepts NMEA input on aa serial port, as if from a GPS, with work with my freeware GPSout installed in FS.

Alternatively there is NAV3 by Ted Wright, which is more specifically intended for FS -- it is something like FSNav, but a separate (and free) program, and it will run under WideFS. I don't have a link these days I'm afraid, I've not used it for some time. But a search should find it easily enough.

Regards,

Pete

I have intalled Nav3 on the second pc using WideFs as a moving map and it works like a dream only one problem there is no rwy,ndb.vor just the map...can anyone please help me and let me no were I can download the database I can't seem to import it from fs2004 it seem to be looking for FS2002

Thanxs

I have intalled Nav3 on the second pc using WideFs as a moving map and it works like a dream only one problem there is no rwy,ndb.vor just the map...can anyone please help me and let me no were I can download the database I can't seem to import it from fs2004 it seem to be looking for FS2002

Thanxs

You seem to have multiplied the threads with the same question. I have answered in the new thread.

Pete

can anyone please help me and let me no were I can download the database I can't seem to import it from fs2004 it seem to be looking for FS2002

It occurred to me that I may be able to help. I still have an FS2002 installation, so if I had the utility that Nav3 uses to make its database I could make you one. Of course, it will relate to the default FS2002 scenery rather than FS2004, but most things will be the same and it would certainly be better than nothing.

Regards,

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry to reply to this thread so late but I didn’t even know about it until today.

As the author of Courseplanner I thought I’d post a reply anyway.

Is there anyway I can get courseplanner to work with WideFS

Courseplanner does not use FSUIPC and as such it does not need WideFS to run.

Courseplanner works just fine on a network as it has its own module to do the work, just make sure that you run the install on both machines.

And you can run WideFS and Courseplanner side by side, by default they do not use the same port number and can cohabit together quite fine.

Regards.

Florent

• 3 weeks later...

This is one way I have found to use FSNavigator on a second PC, while MS Flight Sim is running visually on the other. Firstly, MSFS must be installed on both PC's, and FSUIPC & WideFS installed on both. Next you must install FSNavigator on both or at least the one you want to view it on, but it helps to flight plan if on both, and do the usual, ie create the database. Next run MSFS on the both PC's and link them up via FSUIPC and when a connection is established you can press F9 on the computer you wish to use as the map (FSNavigator). Program in your flight as it is on the first computer, whether you used your FMC, or FSNavigator on the first pc. Now all to do is to fly your flight plan, and on your second PC where you can see your flightplan displayed via FSNavigator, you will be able to see your plane as you fly the flight plan on the first (primary) PC. You will need to register you versions of FUSIPC and WideFS, of course.

Also forgot to mention I have WidevieW.IT installed on both machines. One as server and the other as client. Not sure if this is what is making it all run smoothly. Of course all the other programs mentioned are required.

Does take a little more time to set up your flightplans, but the results are great. Don't forget the second pc does not need to be as fast as the first, or to have a great graphics card installed as you will only be using it is a map view. You can also tone down all the graphics settings from within MSFS which will not use up as much memory etc. I have mine setup on a 10" TFT beside my PC.

Hope this helps - works fine for me.

DeckerZ