The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with button programming in FSUIPC v3.30

Hi Pete!

I've got one of the most complex GoFlight setups that exists at present time. Even beyond Doyle's wildest expectations :lol: . Anyway I've been programming buttons regularly and now come up against a problem which cannot be solved. At least, not by yours truly.

I have on numerous occasions attempted to designate a particular button on a GF-P8 module the function "GPS Power". Once done I close FSUIPC as normal by clicking "OK". However, the button does not provide this function, and when I open FSUIPC and go to the Button page, this button is not programmed with the "GPS Power" function, but on the contrary, with "Add Fuel Quantity" instead. No matter how many times I've attempted to correct this, the button always ends up being designated with the "Add Fuel Quantity" function instead. Can you help please?

Cordially,

David Ramsey

Aarhus, Denmark

I have on numerous occasions attempted to designate a particular button on a GF-P8 module the function "GPS Power". Once done I close FSUIPC as normal by clicking "OK". However, the button does not provide this function, and when I open FSUIPC and go to the Button page, this button is not programmed with the "GPS Power" function, but on the contrary, with "Add Fuel Quantity" instead.

Yes, I get the same.

On investigating it seems that this is somehow due to the FS2004 CONTROLS.DLL containing two entries for Add Fuel Quantity, both at number 66601, with the GPS Power control as 66602. My List of FS2004 controls, available on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, shows this, in fact.

FSUIPC doesn't actually contain a list, it gets it from FS each time you access it.

It is a bit odd how my encoding is okay ("GPS Power" selected does, in fact, produce the correct control code, 66602, as you will see by looking in the FSUIPC.INI file), but not my decoding. There is evidently a bug in the look-up part, the bit which looks into the list to find the correct name to display when you next go to the Buttons (or Keys) options pages. Obviously the double entry at 66601 wrecks the direct look-up. I will fix that in the next version of FSUIPC.

However, that said, even though it is displaying "Add Fuel Quantity", it is in fact sending control number 66602, which is the GPS Power control. This appears to do nothing in the GPS 295 or 500 supplied in FS2004 -- there's no power button on the graphics either as far as I can see. Are you able to power the GPS on and off on your panel?

Anyway, thanks for reporting the discrepancy. I've now got to figure out how to deal with duplicates in the Control list!

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for confirming the existence of this problem and clarifying the underlying cause. It's at least comforting to know that this problem wasn't 90 cm away the the front of my screen. :D

Meanwhile, I've got another infuriating anomaly which probably has it's root in WideFS and/or FSUIPC but I'll start a new thread as it is rather complex.

Thanks once again.

Cordially,

David

Aarhus, denmark

Thanks for confirming the existence of this problem and clarifying the underlying cause.

I've fixed FSUIPC ready for the next release, but it isn't any help with that GPS power control because, as I say, it doesn't appear to have anything to do, what with the GPSs having no power switches.

Regards,

Pete