The simFlight Network Forums

How to apply airbrakes?

Hi there,

I have a sailplane that has airbrakes, they can be applied with the "/" key. I used the Visual Basic command SendKeys("/") to apply them.

Now I learned that a Finnish pilot, with the default keyboard layout, but using a Finnish keyboard, has no "/" key! Instead he must use Shift-F7.

Question: can the airbrakes be applied with a direct write thru FSUIPC?

Thanks!

I have a sailplane that has airbrakes, they can be applied with the "/" key. I used the Visual Basic command SendKeys("/") to apply them.

All FS keyboard controls can be changed anyway, by the user, in Options-Controls-Assignments, so it is always hazardous using specific keys. You should always use the controls you want, instead.

Question: can the airbrakes be applied with a direct write thru FSUIPC?

Airbrakes == speedbrakes == spoilers. Spoiler controls Spoilers_On, Spoilers_Off and Spoilers_Toggle. The '/' key is normally assigned (in FS Options-Controls-Assignments) to Spoilers Toggle.

You can either send FS the control, directly (as a WM_COMMAND) or via offset 3110 in FSUIPC (which has the advantage of also working via WideFS), or, via FSUIPC, you can control the spoiler setting directly in offset 0BD0.

Regards,

Pete

Hmmm... writing directly thru fsuipc doesn't seem to work!

My code is:

Public Function SpoilerFull_SET() As Boolean

varLong = 16383

If FSUIPC_Read(&HBD0, 4, VarPtr(varLong), dwResult) Then

If FSUIPC_Process(dwResult) Then SpoilerFull_SET = True Else SpoilerFull_SET = False

End If

LastError = ResultText(dwResult)

End Function

The spoiler stays where it is...... someone any ideas?

Hmmm... writing directly thru fsuipc doesn't seem to work!

My code is:

Public Function SpoilerFull_SET() As Boolean

varLong = 16383

If FSUIPC_Read(&HBD0, 4, VarPtr(varLong), dwResult) Then

If FSUIPC_Process(dwResult) Then SpoilerFull_SET = True Else SpoilerFull_SET = False

End If

LastError = ResultText(dwResult)

End Function

You could try an FSUIPC_Write call, instead of a Read?

Pete