The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.30

sking

I have been having bunches of problems with my FS2004 recently. I've had to reinstall it numerous times to no avail. It will hang after pressing the ok button and never go to flight mode. I've experimented and have deleted various programs such as FS navigator, FS Flightkeeper etc and have come to a conclusion that FSUIPC 3.30 is the culprit. When I delete the file it works fine but of course nothing else will work with out it. When I put it in there it just hangs and will never go to flight mode. I am registered with it infact twice to be exact. I can't get my sim to work in order to register it with the code. Does anyone have any ideas in why it's not working? I'd surely appreciate any help. Thanks.

Scott K.

PS sorry for the rambling above.

and have come to a conclusion that FSUIPC 3.30 is the culprit

I think a more careful examination is in order here. First of all, check if any of your plugins still has its .dll wandering around in your \Modules folder. Especially after an FS crash, the files will likely be 'in use' and uninstallers may fail to delete it (and also fail to tell you).

Then, make sure that no clients are trying to access FSUIPC. If there are, the FS lockup may be due to them (it's not that[\i] hard to bring FSUIPC down with bad calls...).

I'm not sure whether WideServer relies on FSUIPC. I think it does (i.e. it is also a client), but in any case, try removing it (WideServer.dll) as well if you have it.

Please let us know if adding FSUIPC.dll still crashes FS.

J.

It will hang after pressing the ok button and never go to flight mode. I've experimented and have deleted various programs such as FS navigator, FS Flightkeeper etc and have come to a conclusion that FSUIPC 3.30 is the culprit. When I delete the file it works fine but of course nothing else will work with out it.

The only reports ever of such a problem have either been:

1) An early-ish version of FSNavigator, released for FS2004, did some sort of odd check for FSUIPC and hung doing it. To see if this is the culprit, try putting FSUIPC back in and taking the FSNav DLL out instead. If that fixes it, see about getting an FSNav update.

2) On any operating system other than WinXP folks seem to have a variety of different problem with the way 3.20/3.30 scans joysticks buttons. I've not seen any reports of this for WinXP, but either way please try adding this to the FSUIPC.INI file before running FS:

[buttons]

PollInterval=50

(or just add the last line into your [buttons] section if one is already there).

Please let me know either way. In the next version I am defaulting this parameter to 50 for Win98/Me/2K and 25 for XP.

Regards,

Pete