The simFlight Network Forums

Help with disassemblies

Joris

Hi Pete and all other forum visitors,

You all know that FS disables the use of visual runways when visibility is below 3 miles and that you can't really set up AFCAD so that FS will use exactly the runways you want it to use. Next to that, if you use the STAR technique stuff gets completely messed up. That's how I have found out that with the combination of setting up my AFCAD file properly, including correct XML approach data and keeping visibility below 3 miles, I can get the whole approach system working perfectly.

What I've been trying to accomplish for some weeks, is disassembling the atc.dll file looking for a line where the code checks into which mode it should go (using visual approaches or not), until now without success. I have especially been looking for jb identifiers (don't know that much of disassembly, had to read a tutorial of the language before I started this), I also read the FSUIPC SDK and found out that FSUIPC returns it in statute miles * 100, so I looked for that in hexadecimal values, still without success.

Why am I posting this on this forum? Because I've looked for help in a lot of places, but no-one seems to be able to help, though that if I could accomplish this it would be a major improvement (at least in my opinion :D).

Since I know you've also seen a lot of FS disassembly code, maybe you have some tips for me, or even have come accross this? If you have no clue what I'm talking about, nevermind then :) and please don't put your time in this, just if anyone has any short, helpful information it would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joris

What I've been trying to accomplish for some weeks, is disassembling the atc.dll fileIf you have no clue what I'm talking about, nevermind then :)

Sorry, that is, in fact, mostly the case. I have no idea what is going on in ATC.DLL at all. Most of my knowledge of FS internals stems from knowing earlier code (FS98-Fs2000-FS2002) and finding equivalences. For most of the brand new stuff, all in horribly convoluted C++ and COM interfaces, I get rather lost. Sorry.

Regards

Pete