The simFlight Network Forums

ADVtext colors

Hi,

I'm using FSUIPC for my custom app.

My need is to constantly have a text row on the screen for some readouts.

I used ADVtext for it, but its color combination (red on green) is terrible for constant reading.

Is there any way to change it? White on blue would be nice, just as ABL scripting does.

Other ways to put some text on the screen via FSUIPC?

thanx.

My need is to constantly have a text row on the screen for some readouts.

I used ADVtext for it, but its color combination (red on green) is terrible for constant reading.

I don't know ADVtext. If you mean AdVdisplay, one of my modules, then both foreground and background colours can be set -- in fact the background can be matched to one of your panel colours easily. It's all in the pop-up menu along with all the other options. Please look at the documentation supplied.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry for the mess,

I didn't mean ADVdisplay.

By means of FSUIPC I write my text to 0x3380 and the length to 0x32fa and it comes up on the screen in that color combination (red on green).

So my question is: can I change the color combination of the text appearing on Fligh Simulator' screen?

Thankyou again.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in my reply -- as announced in this Forum I've been away with no Internet access from 24th September until 12th October.

Is there a way to programatically force the messages to white on green? Or must this be set by the user in the FSUIPC dialog?

See offset 3302.

Regards,

Pete

My docs say it's read-only and writing 1 to it failed to change the colour to white on green.

Aarrgghh! You are right. My doc doesn't say exactly that it is read-only, but it does say it reflects user parameters -- the other bit in there most certainly can't be set by program and must never be allowed to be.

Is the user option insufficient? I would have thought the choice of colours would be a user-decided thing in any case. After all, FS itself defaults to the same defaults as FSUIPC for these displays.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Add it in the future (when you have time). I'm sure novice users of 3rd party software will thank you! :lol:

I have added a per-message white-text setting option in interim version 3.507 of FSUIPC, available in the top announcement above. Note that this isn't compatible with AdvDisplay at present.

Regards,

Pete