The simFlight Network Forums

Taxi Wind

Hi All

This has likely been addressed earlier but thought I would bring it up.

When using Taxi wind with FS2004 I find that when on the ground or on approach that the wind speed fluctuates between 01knots and what ever the current wind is.

The problem with this is that not having foot pedals, it makes it difficult to land because the wind may be at 1 knot then jumps possibly up to 10 or more knots depending on what the wind speed is

I presently have the registered version FSUIPC 3.30 and using FSMeteo weather.

I can overcome this by Disabling surface winds and wind gust and changing the Max Wind speed on FSMeteo to 01.

By making these changes everytime I receive an ATIS I always hear winds calm.

I guess what I am asking is there a way of ensuring when requesting Taxi Winds that it remains at a constant 1 knot and not fluttering back and forth.

Sorry for being long winded.

Kenny G.

When using Taxi wind with FS2004 I find that when on the ground or on approach that the wind speed fluctuates between 01knots and what ever the current wind is.

I've not seen that, and it hasn't been reported elsewhere, but please try FSUIPC 3.40, released a couple of days ago. I am not looking at anything on 3.30, there have been far too many changes since then.

Regards,

Pete

I've not seen that, and it hasn't been reported elsewhere, but please try FSUIPC 3.40, released a couple of days ago. I am not looking at anything on 3.30, there have been far too many changes since then.

Regards,

Pete

Tks. for your reply Pete, I have since installed 3.40 and also checked wind smoothing and the winds remain at 01 knot when I use a hot key to activate the Taxi Winds during take off and landing.

Have a good one.,

Kenny G

Tks. for your reply Pete, I have since installed 3.40 and also checked wind smoothing and the winds remain at 01 knot when I use a hot key to activate the Taxi Winds during take off and landing.

Good. That's correct when you are operating the taxi-winds manually. You can use automatic mode too, of course.

Regards,

Pete