The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.40 and CWR gauge of Florian Praxmarer

Hi, Pete,

I downloaded your last version of FSUIPC 3.40 (licensed) and now I have a problem when I use panels with CWR gauge of Florian Praxmarer installed...after a few seconds FS2004 goes in crash....I have reinstall FSUIPC vers. 3.3.1.7 and all goes ok...can you help me...

My system is:

P4 3,2GHZ

2 Giga RAM

Windows XP sp 2

ATI RADEON 9800 PRO

bye

L52

I downloaded your last version of FSUIPC 3.40 (licensed) and now I have a problem when I use panels with CWR gauge of Florian Praxmarer installed...after a few seconds FS2004 goes in crash....I have reinstall FSUIPC vers. 3.3.1.7 and all goes ok...can you help me...

Not without more information. I don't know this "CWR", what is it? *

When you say "after a few seconds FS2004 goes in crash", can you elaborate please -- a few seconds of what? When you do nothing, or is there something specific? What sort of "crash" is it? Is there any message? What is happening on this "crash"?

Does CWR use FSUIPC? Have you checked with support from the author about this problem?

Please enable IPC read and write logging (in the FSUIPC Logging page), and run it once with 3.317 and once with 3.400, zip up both logs and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. I will take a look.

* [LATER]

I now know what "CWR" is -- I didn't recognise it by that name, but as "WxGauge.gau", and, yes, it does use FSUIPC.

Odd thing, though, nothing it uses has changed at all between 3.317 and 3.400. In fact, 3.317 is very similar to 3.40 -- a few additional user features have been added, but they will be inactive unless used. It is beginning to look at if there may have been a problem anyway in the Gauge which didn't cause a crash before simply because of some different memory arrangement (with things changing in size and so on).

I'll check the logs and maybe ask Florian about this.

Regards,

Pete

Hi, Pete... :oops:

maybe I find where is the problem.....FS2004 goes in crash when I use the panel with Tony Dambrosio's gauges...and not when I use a panel with only "WxGauge.gau"....

another thing...how can I send you a logs of FSUIPC..in attach?...with person message?...

many thanks

Lucio

yes..."WxGauge.gau" it is!

...sorry for my last message....

as soon as possible I'll send you the log...

No logs received yet.

I've now obtained the WXgauge and tested it, and it works fine with FSUIPC 3.40. Looking at what the gauge is doing, I can honestly see nothing likely to cause any problem at all. I think you have to look elsewhere.

Regards,

Pete

maybe I find where is the problem.....FS2004 goes in crash when I use the panel with Tony Dambrosio's gauges...and not when I use a panel with only "WxGauge.gau"....

WxGauge is perfectly okay. I don't know any current gauges by Mr. Dambrosio -- are they specific for FS2004? Do they use FSUIPC? Do you have any GAU names?

Please perform a process of elimination -- take each gauge out of the GAU folder, one at a time, and thus identify the culprit.

I really think you will need to get support from whoever is the author of whatever is causing you a problem, but you need to identify it correctly first. I have already spent a lot of time on WxGauge because of your message and I also notified Florian of a problem, so he is probably wasting his time too.

another thing...how can I send you a logs of FSUIPC..in attach?...with person message?...

I already told you, please check back to where I said "zip up both logs and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com".

Regards,

Pete