The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS table extension.

Hi Pete,

As state in the FSUIPC for Programmers documentation.

- FS2002/4 A.I. Traffic Data (for TCAS applications and similar)

"At present N is equal to 96, but this may change

if more or less data is found to be required."

I have with an "PAI afcad and traffic plan" for EGLL 144 occupied gates.

Checked with TrafficToolBox.

Any way TrafficLoock and my program give me only 96.

Can I hope that in a future FSUIPC version this extension will be available.

Thank you.

FSMIC

"At present N is equal to 96, but this may change

if more or less data is found to be required."

I have with an "PAI afcad and traffic plan" for EGLL 144 occupied gates.

Checked with TrafficToolBox.

Any way TrafficLoock and my program give me only 96.

Can I hope that in a future FSUIPC version this extension will be available.

Unfortunately the number 96 is derived from dividing the space available by the size of the data for each aircraft. The only way "N" will change is downwards, if more data is added, or upwards only if some data is removed. I can hardly remove data now, or a lot of programs will break.

Bearing in mind that the main object was to provide data for TCAS gauges, ground-based aircraft are a secondary consideration in any case. The 96 nearest airborne aircraft are enough for any TCAS gauge, really.

Perhaps, for ground-based aircraft, rather than give priority to "nearest" I should select the 96 in the most advanced stage -- i.e. those which are moving or have approved clearances at least. Then, of your 144, the only ones you won't see will be "sleeping". Would that do?

Regards,

Pete

Nearest moving aircraft on the ground I would think should have a priority to provide collision avoidance interfacing in an app that can take advantage of it. Is this same table used for AI control as can now be performed in the air?

I'm thinking of an app similar to the upcoming Radar Contact V4 that is supposed to apply some AI control. JD says there won't be much on the ground as I recall on the RC forum other than inhibiting AI from taxiing onto the runway when you are on final. While FS9 will stop an AI from taxiing into to you just beyond your radius head on, I'm not sure about right angle junctions. It would also come in handy for runway crossings where hold-shorts and crossing clearance could be issued especially now that with the new AFCAD2 "star invisible runway layout" technique runways no longer have to be parallel to be simultaneously active for AI. This also invites more taxiway usage in multiple paths.

Nearest moving aircraft on the ground I would think should have a priority to provide collision avoidance interfacing in an app that can take advantage of it.

Currently it's nearest first. I can make 'moving' a higher priority selection criteria -- actually a moving 'state' rather than actual GS -- eg. taxi or takeoff/landing states. Then those with flight plan clearance maybe.

Is this same table used for AI control as can now be performed in the air?

Sorry, I'm not sure what this question means. There's been an Airborne table of up to 96 aircraft and a separate Ground table of up to 96 for a long time now. TrafficLook can select either -- see its menu.

I'm thinking of an app similar to the upcoming Radar Contact V4 that is supposed to apply some AI control. JD says there won't be much on the ground as I recall on the RC forum other than inhibiting AI from taxiing onto the runway when you are on final. While FS9 will stop an AI from taxiing into to you just beyond your radius head on, I'm not sure about right angle junctions. It would also come in handy for runway crossings where hold-shorts and crossing clearance could be issued especially now that with the new AFCAD2 "star invisible runway layout" technique runways no longer have to be parallel to be simultaneously active for AI. This also invites more taxiway usage in multiple paths.

Sorry, I don't understand what question you are asking here. The information and control exercised by RCV4 is as documented in the FSUIPC SDK. All I'm considering here is a different way of selecting which 96 ground-based AI aircraft are listed (and therefore subject to all that RCV4 does).

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for your reply. The fact that the ground tables are seperate clarifies it for my curiosity.

I've got to download your latest SDK because I am always interested and thankful for your achievments.

I should have thought about firing up Traffic Look. It has been quite some time and I forgot about the choices.