The simFlight Network Forums

crossover

hi Pete,

i am facing a small problem. for inputs i use the knobs of several USB joysticks. two of them are of the same kind. could it be that for that reasons that i get double functions/crossovers when pushing the knobs for the commands? and if so, how could i solve it apart from the fact simply to change this one.

thanks in advance

regards

CJK

i am facing a small problem. for inputs i use the knobs of several USB joysticks. two of them are of the same kind. could it be that for that reasons that i get double functions/crossovers when pushing the knobs for the commands? and if so, how could i solve it apart from the fact simply to change this one.

I presume you are talking about assignments in FS? It is likely that FS has automatically assigned the same functions to the same buttons/knobs, yes, because it simply looks up your device in its "Devices" file and makes the assignments that file tells it to.

Go into FS's Options-Controls-Assigments and change them to do what you want. The drop down list of recognised devices will probably show two identical devices as you have such connected. It isn't easy in those circumstances to tell one from the other, you will just have to make assignments and try them to make sure you are dealing with the correct copy of the device.

Regards,

Pete

hi pete,

thats me again. you are right i was talking about inputs for the FS 2002.

before i allocated the knobs i cleared all the options under FS, but i was mixing up inputs via FS controll and FSUIPC.

Could that be the reason for the crossover?

thanks in advance

regards

CJK

before i allocated the knobs i cleared all the options under FS, but i was mixing up inputs via FS controll and FSUIPC. Could that be the reason for the crossover?

I'm not sure what you really mean by "crossover", but if you want to assign buttons in FSUIPC you should certainly make sure they are not also assigned in FS -- both will be acting on them if you do this.

FSUIPC cannot stop FS seeing the buttons. It is not the same with the Keys facility, where FSUIPC intercepts the keyboard and diverts any re-programmed keypresses.

Regards,

Pete

hi pete,

with crossover i mean that although i have different knows assigned to different executions i.e. knob 6 to gear up, knob 8 to strobe lights and knob 9 to pushback it could happen that knob 6 toggle strobe and gear up

thats what i meant with crossover.

from your last message i understand that the key facilities are somewhat stronger. Should i change all inputs to be done via keystroke, which could be possible as well (mabe apart from startup engines and mixture)

thanks in advance

regards

CJK

with crossover i mean that although i have different knows assigned to different executions i.e. knob 6 to gear up, knob 8 to strobe lights and knob 9 to pushback it could happen that knob 6 toggle strobe and gear up

thats what i meant with crossover.

So you just mean there is more than one function for one or more buttons. As I said, that is what will happen if you assign a button to do one thing in FS and another in FSUIPC. Just make sure you only use one or the other, not both.

from your last message i understand that the key facilities are somewhat stronger. Should i change all inputs to be done via keystroke, which could be possible as well (mabe apart from startup engines and mixture)

Do you mean you don't mind throwing away the use of your buttons and using your keyboard instead? That seems drastic! Surely it would be better simply to make sure you assign one function to each button instead of confusing the issue with multiple assignments.

The Keys options are not "stronger" at all! I don't know how you read that. It's just the FSUIPC can intercept the keyboard whereas it cannot intercept FS's use of DirectInput to read button pressing. Therefore, when you assign a keypress to a control through FSUIPC it replaces any keypress assignment in FS. It can't do that for Buttons.

Regards,

Pete