The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and PM PFD Decision Height

Dear Pete (or anyone else!!),

I used to have a decision height control for my PM PFD which used two buttons through FSUIPC to the PM PFD Decision Ht Inc / Dec commands and it worked fine.

It has not been working now since around June this year and initially I thought it must be me because I made several changes to my system (including FSUIPC updates [registered] and PM GC updates) at the same time.

Now I've had everything working again for some weeks, but I still can not get the DH to work. In FSUIPC when I press the button it comes out as:

Joy 174, Btn 14 and is set to : "PM PFD Decision Ht Inc"

Joy 174, Btn 13 is set to : "PM PFD Decision Ht Dec"

But nothing happens on the PM PFD when I use the buttons. NB I have several other buttons via FSUIPC to PM (like ND Range Inc/Dec and ND Mode Inc / Dec etc etc) and all of them work fine, it's just the DH that doesn't.

If I look in the fsuipc.ini it shows:

P174,14,C0265,0

P174,13,C2064,0

I am at my wits' end because it seems other people have the DH working.

Can you shed any light on where I should be looking to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

Stuart

Now I've had everything working again for some weeks, but I still can not get the DH to work. In FSUIPC when I press the button it comes out as:

Joy 174, Btn 14 and is set to : "PM PFD Decision Ht Inc"

Joy 174, Btn 13 is set to : "PM PFD Decision Ht Dec"

They are correct.

If I look in the fsuipc.ini it shows:

P174,14,C0265,0

P174,13,C2064,0

There's no "C0265". Are you sure that isn't C2065, which would be correct?

Can you shed any light on where I should be looking to solve this problem?

First, please confirm you are using the current supported versions of FSUIPC (3.40), and, if relevant, WideFS (6.401)?

All the PM controls do is change bits in the PM offsets as documented in the PM FSUIPC offsets document on the PM website. Those two controls merely set the documented bits, as shown in that document thus:

5418 MCP/FCU Knobs/Selectors S00-31 (Read/Write)

DH- Bit0 (10)

DH+ Bit1 (10)

For external programs, set to one, when it applies, reset to 0 by the MCP.

You can monitor this location (5418) in FSUIPC's monitoring facilities -- see the Logging options, right-hand side. Set 5418 as the offset, type U16, and opt to show it by AdvDisplay. Then you'll see what happens in real time.

Note that depending on what builds of PM modules you are using, this may or may not need the MCP module running too (or the Airbus equivalent). I think Enrico was trying to make most of these things work more directly, but I'm not sure which builds do what now.

I've just checked here with Boeing PFD build 416 and MCP 387, and with these builds at least the PM side is defintely broken -- the bits are being set correctly by FSUIPC and they are being cleared by something in PM, but they are not being actioned at all.

I'm afraid you now need to call upon PM support! Feel free to copy my reply from here. I'll drop a note to Enrico, but a formal report to the support address should be made.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

There's no "C0265". Are you sure that isn't C2065, which would be correct?

Yes - my typo - I did mean C2065.

I've just checked here with Boeing PFD build 416 and MCP 387, and with these builds at least the PM side is defintely broken -- the bits are being set correctly by FSUIPC and they are being cleared by something in PM, but they are not being actioned at all.

I'm afraid you now need to call upon PM support! Feel free to copy my reply from here. I'll drop a note to Enrico, but a formal report to the support address should be made.

Thanks - this is all I needed. I was sure it wasn't me but needed an expert to explain it. Will post back to the PM forum and take it from there.

Thanks again for your help.

Stuart

Thanks - this is all I needed. I was sure it wasn't me but needed an expert to explain it. Will post back to the PM forum and take it from there.

I got a quick reply from Enrico -- he fixed it in build 388 of the MCP, available in his "latest versions" section. I've not had time to try it yet.

Regards,

Pete