The simFlight Network Forums

fs9 update

Mr. Dowson: I am an old simmer ( 80 ), and getting tired of trying to figure out all of the ins and outs of computers. I downloaded the patch and it tells me I must have your FSUIPC 3.40. Fine, off I go to your site and find I must pay. Still fine, You should be rewarded for your fine work. Problem, I can find NO way I can pay you by clicking on the sites you have posted! First of all they seem all to be in Switzerland and my computer will not open any of the sites. Not even the one titled Credit Card. I remember paying you once before years ago but cannot find how I did it. I reside in USA and am hung up as far as installing the new patch until I get you satisfied.

Please help.

ksingltn@ix.netcom.com

I downloaded the patch and it tells me I must have your FSUIPC 3.40.

You misread it, I think. It says that if you already use FSUIPC, you need to get the latest version. This is because versions before 3.40 do not work with the updated FS.

If you don't already use it at all, you don't need to upddate it!!!

Fine, off I go to your site and find I must pay.

How do you work that out? You only need to pay IF you want to use all of its facilities. If you don't, you pay nothing. Please read a little more, it is all explained in several places.

I can find NO way I can pay you by clicking on the sites you have posted!

There are links to the SimMarket paybooth in this forum, in my documentation, and on the download site. How can you have missed them all?

First of all they seem all to be in Switzerland

As far as I know none of them are in Switzerland. SimMarker is run by the same company who provide this Forum and are based in Germany. You got here, didn't you? Try http://www.SimMarket.com.

I remember paying you once before years ago

That is not possible. I've never charged anything at all for any of my FS work in the last 10 years, not until end July 2003!

I reside in USA and am hung up as far as installing the new patch until I get you satisfied.

Just forget FSUIPC if you don't already use it. But check if you do (look in FS, when running. Is there a Modules menu? If so, click on it. Does it loist FSUIPC?) -- it may have been installed by an add-on.

If you do have it already, just dowload the 3.40 version (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson) and copy over the FSUIPC.DLL from the ZIP into the FS Modules folder. Forget about paying for it unless you want to -- read some of the docs first, see if you think it will be useful to you.

Regards,

Pete