The simFlight Network Forums

writing specific N1-Value using a Key/Button

Hello Pete,

I want to assign a Key or a Joystick Button with a Function,

which sets N1(of both Engines) to a specific Value(maybe 96 Percent).

Not higher -not lower - 96 Percent - independently of Temp,Pressure,...

I know about the "TOGA"-Function in FS,but this Function depends on

Temperature i think.

I want a FIXED N1-Position with a Keystroke/buttonPress,which the Engines should use as the Target to reach.

I tried a few Offsets(from the FSUIPC for Programmers.doc),which has something in common with "N1".

But i don´t get it work,don´t know which Offset to use,and i am not so familiar with this Stuff.

How can i manage this.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Thomas

I want to assign a Key or a Joystick Button with a Function,

which sets N1(of both Engines) I tried a few Offsets(from the FSUIPC for Programmers.doc),which has something in common with "N1".

But i don´t get it work,don´t know which Offset to use,and i am not so familiar with this Stuff.

N1 and N2, along with EPR (where calculated) and EGT are, like many other things, results and not causes. The only control over N1 you have is via the power adjustment -- i.e. throttles or thrust levers, call them what you will. To set a specific N1 you adjust the throttles and read the results, allowing time to 'settle' (and perhaps a little predictive calculation based on change rates). Via a sensitive feedback loop like that you should be able to maintain any specific possible N1 setting.

Regards,

Pete