The simFlight Network Forums

External Weather Program!(FSMETAR 154)

I have installed FSMETAR 1.5.4, after the upgrade ACOF, the program no more work. What happened?

Sorry, you will have to ask the author. I cannot understake to support all add-on programs for FS. If you have an FSUIPC.LOG file you want me to look at I will, but take a look yourself first, see if there's anything odd.

By "the upgrade ACOF" do you mean the FS9.1 update? If so, I assume you did install FSUIPC 3.40?

Incidentally, I do have FSMetar 1.5.3 here and that seems to work fine with FS9.1 and FSUIPC 3.40.

Regards,

Pete

I have installed FSMETAR 1.5.4, after the upgrade ACOF, the program no more work. What happened?

Another thought here. Some folks with non US/English versions of the FS9.1 update have reported incomplete updates. Can you look at the FSUIPC.LOG file (in the FS Modules folder). Are there access errors with some details of internal registers listed?

Please check that your FS9.1 update has actually worked properly. To do this, look in the announcement about the 9.1 update at the top of this Forum. You will see there a list of those modules which should have been changed by the FS9.1 install. With a non-US/English version the dates on some may be different, but they will all be September 2004, not the 2003 date of the original release if FS9.

The problem already reported with a couple of non-English updates is that the WEATHER.DLL is not replaced when it certainly should be. There have been a number of corrections in that module. Trying to run FS9.1 with the FS9.0 version of the WEATHER.DLL will actually cause FSUIPC to crash continously, as it has intimate connections into that DLL. These crashes don't crash FS itslef as FSUIPC traps them and logs them, but it will stop FSUIPC from working.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I re-install the weather.Dll original 9.0.... and the FSMetar work good.

Every dlls, the date is 13/06/2003.

My FS9 is in English, but my WXPPro is in Portuguese Brazilian.

How I corrected the date in dlls? It's possible?

If I stay with weather.dll 9.0.0.30612 there is any problem?

One more time, very thanks to you. :wink:

Regards,

Helcio.

I re-install the weather.Dll original 9.0.... and the FSMetar work good.

Every dlls, the date is 13/06/2003.

Hmm -- they are the FS9.0 DLLs. Your FS9.1 update didn't work properly!

My FS9 is in English, but my WXPPro is in Portuguese Brazilian.

How I corrected the date in dlls? It's possible?

Don't try to correct the date! It isn't the date that is the problem, but those dates show that your FS9.1 update did not work.

I think you need to refer to the Microsoft "read me" documentation that came with the update package, or look at the website, to see how to trouble-shoot this, unless you want to stay with the original 9.0 version and not enjoy the benefits of Microsoft's recent work.

If you look in the FS folder there should be a BACKUP folder. Is there? Does it appear to contain backups of all the files, probably renamed with odd insertions? If so you may be able to run the FS9UpdateUninstall.exe program (in the FS folder), then delete the BACKUP folder, and try to apply the update again.

For the English FS9.1 update, the dates and DLLs listed in my Announcement at the top of this forum are correct. Check against the list there when you think you've managed an update.

If I stay with weather.dll 9.0.0.30612 there is any problem?

No, with all the 2003 original DLLs you are running FS9.0, not FS9.1, that's all. But it means you don't get whatever fixes Microsoft have made.

Regards,

Pete