The simFlight Network Forums

Use Joystick an a client

Is it possible to use a Joystick (USB) on a client computer and flight with this joystick via widefs and fsuipc an aircraft on the Flighsim-server?

Only the buttons on the joystick. So far I've not implemented any form of joystick axis reading, either in FSUIPC or WideFS. The whole business of axis assignments and calibrations and so on needs addressing at some stage, and it is on my long list of things to do, but it is not at the top. Sorry.

If you are a programmer, you could do it by writing a little program to read the joystick values, scale/calibratre them, and write them to the appropriate offsets via the FSUIPC/WideFs interface, but even that isn't trivial -- because of the calibration/scaling needed. You'd effectively be by-passing FS's and FSUIPC's own joystick calibrations.

It may be possible already using a third party program. I've an idea that FS Communicator provides such facilities? Try

http://www.flightsimulator.at/frm_fscom.htm

Regards,

Pete